Vacancy Publication Ref. No. IGMU/07/09/2023
The Non-governmental Gender Organisations’ Coordinating Council (NGOCC) is an umbrella network for gender focused and women led Non-governmental and Community Based Organisations in Zambia, active in championing women’s empowerment and gender equity and equality in Zambia. In the 38 years of its existence, NGOCC has grown to be the focal point of the women’s movement in Zambia, with a total membership of 111, spread in all the 10 provinces of Zambia and covering 68 districts. NGOCC now invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the position of: Executive Assistant.
1.0 Executive Assistant
The position is responsible for providing efficient and effective support services to the office of the Executive Director. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for and not limited to:
- Provide support to the Executive Directors office including the Management of the diary for the Executive Director
- Respond to correspondence related to the Executive Director’s office in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Produce quality documents from the office of Executive Director to different stakeholders of NGOCC.
- Ensure efficient and effective information flow between the Executive Director’s office, Board Members, and staff of NGOCC.
- Arrange Board Meetings in liaison with the Executive Director.
- Must be proficient with ICT and be able to operate different types of office equipment.
- Promote a welcoming environment for both visitors and staff.
Minimum Education Qualification: Diploma in Business Administration, Office Management, or any related field. Shorthand/typing 100/65 and professional secretarial qualifications.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a similar position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to work under own initiative
- Able to produce quality documents.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft suite and other relevant programs
- Good Public Relations
- Ability to use internet
- Ability to use and train others on how to use different office equipment
- Excellent shorthand and typewriting skills
Interested and qualified applicants should submit an application letter with an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae no later than Thursday, 14th September 2023 to the following email address: [email protected]. The letter should be addressed to: –
The Executive Director
Non-governmental Gender Organisations Coordinating Council
P.O Box 37879