Nsama Community Resources Board
A community Based Organization
The Nsama Community Resources Board (CRB) is a community Based Organization, run by a Board of members that are democratically elected by the community, and legally recognized under the Zambia Wildlife Act No 14 of 2015. The Board exists to foster participation of communities in Conservation of Wildlife and Natural Resources, whilst providing a platform for community development and access to benefits from Natural Resources. The Nsama CRB is seeking to employ a bookkeeper, who should contribute to maintaining the integrity of the organization. Nsama CRB operating in partnership with the Department of National Parks and Wildlife (DNPW), Tondwa Conservation Limited (TCL) and Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS), is therefore inviting applications for the position as explained below.
JOB TITLE: Bookkeeper
LOCATION: Nsumbu, Nsama District
EMPLOYER: Nsama Community Resources Board
REPORTING TO: Nsama CRB Board Members
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To ensure that Nsama CRB and their respective Village Action Groups (VAGs) maintain clean books of accounts of all financial transactions, whilst adhering to financial regulations and maintaining systems of accounts that reflect transparency and accountability.
The Bookkeeper will work closely with Senior Community Conservation Officer from Frankfurt Zoological Society, with guidance from Regional Accountant from DNPW, working to achieve an open transparent system of operations, to maintain clean books of account for the CRB. This will be done in the following.
- Pay roll for Employees under Nsama CRB, including uploading payments to the banking system;
- Coordinate payments of subscriptions to NAPSA and NHIMA;
- Ensure all CRB Employees have updated contracts, under the Supervision of the Board members, and ensure that all other HR policies are adhered to;
- Ensure VAG and CRB funds are banked before usage, and all financial regulations are adhered to;
- Filing of documents of all CRB correspondence
Monitoring of VAG and CRB Activities
- Monitoring of budgets according to planned activities and advise on available funds;
- Monitor and provide financial reports on income generating activities in VAGs and CRB, and advise on conservation compatible activities;
- Provide reports against project budgets (Admin, Community Development, Resource Management).
Training and Mentoring
- Conduct Financial checks for VAG and CRB members working with representatives from partner organizations;
- Participate in Refresher training for VAG and CRB members on financial procedures and regulations;
- Provide mentorship to VAG treasures.
Transparency and Accountability of fund movements
- Ensure funds request and Retirements systems are implemented and properly adhered to;
- Ensure proper usage of Receipt and Cash Payment Voucher Books;
- Update all financial transactions in agreed books of accounts;
- Prepare financial reports for presentations in CRB Meetings and AGMs;
- Monitor bank transactions and maintain updated records;
- Participate in auditing conducted by DNPW;
- Manage petty cash and ensure records are in order.
- Adherence to workplans and activity plans;
- Adherence to financial regulations as stipulated by DNPW;
- Ensure proper usage of equipment in your custody;
- Maintain list of assets for CRB and report on their status;
- Participate in financial analysis exercises with Partners (DNPW, FZS, TCL) as agreed;
- Submit reports to CRB and Partners (TCL, DNPW and FZS) as agreed.
PROCEDURE: To ensure a transparent and fair process in the selection of the Nsama CRB Bookkeeper, the criteria to be used when shortlisting candidates will be based on the following:
- Holder of a full Grade 12 Certificate
- A Certificate or higher in any accounting or finance field
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Work experience in Bookkeeping or any accounting field will be an added advantage
- Computer Literate
- Must be able to communicate in Bemba
- Must have experience riding a motorbike
- Knowledge of the VAG and CRB operations in relation to community development will be added advantage
- Preference to be given to Nsama Chiefdom residents who meet the minimum requirements
- May be required to travel to other towns on CRB business
- Must be willing to work closely with partner organizations and other government departments where need arises
- May be required to ride motorbike and work in villages on CRB and VAG business
- Willingness to work flexible hours
All eligible candidates (male and female) are encouraged to apply by submitting a cover letter explaining their interest in the bookkeeper position, along with attached copies of their academic qualifications; National Registration Card (NRC) and a chronological CV. Applications should be addressed to the ‘’Nsama CRB Bookkeeper Selection Committee’’, and sent by email to [email protected], or submitting hard copies to the Nsama CRB office in Nsumbu, Nsama District.
Deadline for receiving applications will be on 9th September, 2022. Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be considered for the position. Kindly include a contact phone number and address in your application.