Nu Metro Cinemas
Its Your Scene
POSITION: Assistant Manager
REPORTING TO: Cinema Manager at the relevant Cinema Site
CORE PURPOSE OF JOB
To support the Cinema Manager in the profitable and effective operation of the cinema. You will deputise for the Cinema Manager when required and take full accountability for duty managing the cinema on your shifts. Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed correctly relating to operations, stock, HR and Marketing. Ensure that customers are consistently provided with the highest standard of service. This position is also a Key holder position and responsible for opening and closing of the site as per a shift roster.
- Understand the financial implications on the business, devise plans and act accordingly
- Manage controllable expenditure and all factors affecting the profitable performance of the
- Manage, train, develop and motivate staff according to standard company policies and
- Compile and submit relevant reports and monthly payroll documentation timeously.
- Manage rostering and process leave documentation and attendance registers daily.
- Management of employee files at site level ensuring that they are up to date at all times
- Manage the execution of all events at the Cinema.
- Identify, maximize and drive sales opportunities from ticket sales, vouchers and F&B promotions
- Ensure that all national campaigns are implemented at site level
- Responsible for site specific regional marketing campaigns with the assistance from the
- Work with Centre Management Marketing to activate in-mall Marketing campaigns
- Ensure all Cinema POS is displayed correctly throughout the cinema (Film Posters, Catering
POS, Directional Signage)
- Management of the entire stock control function for the site including ordering, maintaining
and controlling stock movements within the site
- Ensure that FIFO principle and all standard policies and procedures are adhered to
- Perform weekly stock counts plus any other stock counts that are necessary
- Perform all administrative tasks relating to the stock control and housekeeping functions
- Manage selling and customer service activities and employee competence in these areas, so
as to optimise and sustain sales performance, profitability and consistent customer
- Deal with customer complaints promptly and efficiently and investigate causes of customer
complaints up to resolving the matter.
OPERATIONS (FILM & TECHNICAL)
- Responsible for Content Management to ensure the highest quality of film viewing is
delivered at all times (projection, sound maintenance, house lighting, etc.)
- Liaise and manage any external contractors conducting work of a technical nature
- Maintain and build knowledge of current and forthcoming film product, promotions and
- Manage health and safety, security and emergency systems and ensure employee and
customer awareness according to relevant company policy and relevant law.
- Ensure Health and Safety Regulations and relevant standard operating procedures are
- Monitor and control daily procedures regarding cashier cash-ups, variances, and apply
relevant to disciplinary procedures when necessary.
- Perform all administration related to cash receipts and other payment forms, including
regular monitoring of takings, cash drops and completion and submission of relevant
- Ensure that all preparations are completed prior to shift commencement and customer
- Opening of cashier sessions and completion of relevant documentation.
- Issuing of floats and change and closing of cashier sessions and cashing up.
- Performing regular monitoring and spot checking of takings.
- Ongoing monitoring of behind-the–counter activities and spot-checks.
- Banking administration and end-of-day reports.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Strong problem solving skills and pro-active structured approach to resolve all issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain good relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Proven organizational skills and business acumen
- Ability to endure a deadline driven environment consistently.
EDUCATION & KNOWLEDGE:
- A post-matric qualification preferred with some management experience
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel, and other standard office procedures and
- Willing to work long hours including weekends and Public Holidays
- Knowledge of the movie industry and a passion for film will be beneficial