Nu Metro Cinemas
Its Your Scene
CORE PURPOSE OF JOB:
The successful incumbent will assume the responsibility for all aspects of the day-to-day running of the cinema. Managing the cinema operations to meet customer needs and achieve revenue targets, based on weekly key performance indicators. Ensure efficient operations which are focused on fair people management and standard operating procedures. This position is also a Key holder position responsible for the opening and closing of the site as per a shift roasters.
- Responsible for the overall management of the operations of the Cinema to achieve set
financial targets and key performance areas.
- Review and analyze financial expenditure and operations reports to identify areas to focus
on to increase profits, develop and implement action plans.
- Manage controllable expenditure and all factors affecting the profitable performance
- Plan and implement layout and customer traffic flow so as to maximize sales, customer
satisfaction, appearance and professional image
- Manage selling and customer service activities and staff competence in these areas, so as to
optimize and sustain sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction.
Develop and manage the team to deliver exceptional standards, of customer service at all times.
- Dealing with customer complaints through immediate direct investigation into cause of
customer complaints to resolve.
- Manage upkeep and condition of all equipment and fixtures of the premises.
- Ensure proper maintenance of the cinema
- Ensure Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to as per relevant legislation and
company policy and manage employees accordingly.
- Manage security and emergency systems and ensure employees and customer awareness,
according to company policy and relevant law.
- Recruit, train and develop and manage and motivate employees according to company
policies and procedures as well as employment laws pertaining to discipline.
- Effectively appraise and manage team performance to ensure that business objectives and
targets are achieved within appropriate timelines.
- Maintain efficient rostering within the ambit of the laws and operational guidelines
- Liaise and assist with the Events team and oversee the execution of all events at the Cinema
- Develop and improve market share through local marketing in partnership with the
marketing department and mall management.
- Supervise and efficiently implement all marketing projects and activities within the Cinema
- Identify, maximize and drive sale/s opportunities from ticket sales and F&B promotions
- Monitor and control daily procedures regarding employee cash-ups, variances and apply
disciplinary procedures as needed.
- Ensuring that all administration related to cash receipts and other payment forms, including
regular monitoring of takings, cash drops and completion and submission of relevant
paperwork and checklists are completed.
- Ensuring that all preparations are completed prior to shift commencement and customer interactions.
- Opening of cashier sessions and completion of relevant documentation.
- Issuing of floats and change according to the standard operating procedures.
- Performing regular monitoring and spot-checking of takings.
- Closing of cashier sessions and cashing up.
- Ensuring that banking administration and end-of-day reports are completed timeously.
- Ensure that all stock counts are performed weekly and monthly.
- Checking and issuing beginning-of-shift stock to relevant employees
- Performing end-of-shift stock balancing and completing of required documentation
- Performing Month-end stock takes every month
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong problem solving skills and pro-active structured approach to resolve all issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain good relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Proven organizational skills and business acumen
- Ability to endure a deadline driven environment consistently.
EDUCATION & KNOWLEDGE:
- A post-matric qualification preferred with at least 5 (five) years management experience,
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel, and other standard office procedures and equipment
- Must have own reliable transport to and from work
- Willing to work long hours including weekends and Public Holidays
- Knowledge of the movie industry and a passion for film will be beneficial.