PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer , the Assistant Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for assisting famer support program team to setup and implement a comprehensive participatory program monitoring and evaluation system that will facilitate effective planning, implementation, performance monitoring, evaluation and accountability of all programs implemented.
- Supervising baseline, end-line surveys and Data entry and ensure data quality accuracy, consistency and completeness, and compliance with donor’s database standards.
- Routinely traveling to the field to monitor the M&E implementation process, troubleshoot and maintain quality control.
- Actively promote a culture of learning and generation of knowledge throughout the project team and among partners and stakeholders including facilitation of sharing and reviewing knowledge for current application as well as appropriately storing and disseminating it for use in future and by other organizations.
- Conducting regular and special data analysis of data per programme requirements.
- Generating data for donor reports, as well as report writing as agreed on with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
Scan development literature in Zambia to identify reports, studies and databases of relevance to the organizations works.
- Document programme success stories and good practice.
Coordinating the analysis of organizations’s annual Evidence of Success to be shared with donors and other stakeholders at FSC Level.
- Liaise with and provide technical support to organizations s network of field Extension officers and M&E field volunteers (Lead farmers).
- Supporting staff and partners to understand M&E approaches and techniques
- Conducting regular monitoring and facilitation visits to districts to assess the programme impact and inform programme development and planning.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly fact sheets that highlight emerging results
- In conjunction IT, ensure software and hardware requirements are adequate maintained
- Collection and maintenance all M&E data in a safe, secured central database
- Coordinate data collection, data quality assurance and data analysis
- Coordinating the process of developing AOPs (by working with all project managers, extension coordinators and project managers to identify/set targets for all activities which the FSC intends to implement during the FY and packaging them in the appropriate agreed formats).
- Assisting the FSC team to setup/implement/continuously improve the FSC’s monitoring system by: (1) assisting the team to set annual/quarterly/monthly targets – after AOPs are approved; (2) working with the M&E manager to develop appropriate monitoring tools for all program activities; (3) training Area Managers and Lead farmers on the use of monitoring tools and; (4) developing/adapting the appropriate data bases which are used to track the FSC’s performance against annual/quarterly/monthly targets.
- Coordinating the process of developing FSC progress monthly, semi-annual and annual reports including facts sheets using the appropriate formats.
- Assisting the Project Manager and Extension Coordinators to organize participatory critical reflection/learning events (e.g., quarterly FSC performance review meetings –which can be used by all FSC teams/communities/other partners to: review the FSC’s performance against quarterly targets; discuss implementation challenges (and agree on solutions) set targets for the next quarter, etc).
- Ensure proper documentation and security (both manual and electronic) of key FSC documents (assessment reports, baseline reports, project documents, agreement documents progress reports, evaluation reports, etc).
- Conduct quarterly monitoring visits
- Hiring and managing data collectors and data encoders for baseline and end line surveys;
- Pre-testing the monitoring framework, indicators, data collection forms and procedures, and data storage systems;
- Any duties and responsibility as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Location: Positions are based in Nyimba, Mfuwe and Chinsali
Academic Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics and Statistics, Economics, Agriculture, Demography, Development Studies, Environmental Studies and a formal Training in Monitoring and Evaluation. The candidate must have at least 2 years of experience in M&E. He/she must be proficient in statistical softwares such as Stata and or SPSS.
All interested candidates who meet the above requirements must submit their applications letters and CVs to the Manager not later than 19th April 2019 to [email protected]