Lusaka Corporate Office
Reporting to: Country Manager
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Office Coordinator.
Reporting to the Country Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating and management of the Lusaka Corporate Office.
- Secretarial Duties – Perform secretarial duties for the Country Manager and other Senior Management Officials as may be required from time to time.
- Lusaka Corporate Office Coordination – Ensure smooth running of the Lusaka Corporate Office through timely availability of office consumables, continuity of utility services, managing front office, supervising cleaning and other outsourced ancillary staff.
- Inter Office Coordination – Assist the Country Manager in ensuring effective coordination of activities between Lumwana Mine Site and Lusaka Office through regular communication, feedback and provision of relevant administrative reports and any other related functions that may arise.
- Personnel Movement – Facilitate movement of AME Officials, Contractors and Sub-Contractors personnel in close coordination with Lumwana Mine Site and any travel and logistics agencies that may be engaged by Lumwana. This will include booking and ticketing, hotel or any other accommodation arrangements.
- Media Monitoring – Facilitate subscription to and monitor relevant media publications relating to company operations as well as articles and items of interest to the company in order to bring them to the attention of the Country Manager.
- Schedule Management – Manage the schedule of the Country Manager in relation to appointments with stakeholders and other company clients.
- Event Management – Coordinate appropriate logistics for hosting or holding key meetings or Corporate events.
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Business Administration or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a busy environment
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of all Microsoft Office
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: A Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.