At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
- The Contracts Officer will perform day to day processing of service orders and contract requests.
- The Contracts officer will assist the Coordinator, Contracts with any tasks as and when required
Specific Job Responsibility
- rocess all labour hire requests
- Process all plant hire requests
- Co-ordinate shut down labour and equipment hire with mine planners
- Check and confirm all plant and labour time sheets/ machine hours
- Work closely with the Corporate Social Responsibility department to ensure that local businesses and the local community is afforded adequate opportunity to do business with Kalumbila Minerals Limited.
- Respond to supplier and end user enquiries regarding plant and labour hire
- Float tenders and perform tender adjudication
- Maintain physical and electronic contract archives
- Run cost reduction exercises on contracted plant and labour
- Ensure contractors are compliant with statutory requirements
- Perform any other task as directed by the coordinator, Contracts or Commercial Manager
Job Specific Competencies
- Must be able to work under pressure dealing with multiple tasks at once
- Must have a good working knowledge of procurement and supply chain management
- Must be able to keep up to date with statutory compliance requirements; a good knowledge of relevant legislation is key.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to navigate an accounting package or enterprise resource planning software.
Key Job Attributes
- Hard working
- Quick thinking
- Problem solver
- High level of integrity
- Fair and transparent manner.
- Interpersonal skills / Communication
- Team player
- Action Oriented
- Work with minimal supervision
- Honesty / Integrity
- Problem Solving
- Creative thinker
Experience required to perform in this job
Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar industry / environment, covering the areas of:
- Record keeping
- Bachelors in Procurement related qualification
- Zambian Institute of Purchasing and Supply Member