At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the roles and responsibilities of the function.
- Hygiene monitoring of food outlets including carrying out bacteria counts on food preparation areas and physical inspections of food storage areas.
- Conduct drug screening (Drug of Abuse) and Alcohol testing, in conjunction with colleagues in the department.
- Arrange for off-site regular bi-annual medicals for food handlers as required by the law and make follow ups on the reviews.
- Domestic water quality monitoring for Microbiology, in conjunction with the Environmental Department.
- Responsible for practical training of students/interns who come on attachment to the mine, specifically to the Safety department, Industrial hygiene section.
- Liaise with the Kansanshi Mine Hospital to arrange for bi-annual medical examination for Lead in Blood for employees requiring this medical exam.
- Preparation and production of Statutory and Company reports as and when required.
- Observe safety regulations during the operations to avoid accidents.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by any official of the Company who is empowered to exercise authority over him/her.
- Grade 12 with 5 “O” Levels,
- Minimum requirements: Diploma in Biomedical Sciences, or any Health Science related program.
- Statutory Registration with Health Professional Council of Zambia (HPCZ)
- Extra qualification in work place Safety will be added advantage
- 3 year experience
- Effective management of own work.
- Knowledge of medical microbiology, clinical chemistry and haematology
- Understanding and care of equipment in use which includes calibration & maintenance
- An understanding of work place health and safety and proven experience will be added advantage.
- Minimum Class B driving license