At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Procurement of materials and services for Kansanshi operations.
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Provide effective procurement of material and services for the Kansanshi operation.
- Work with internal customers to provide a timely and efficient service.
- Assist when required on supply contract (FPA) administration.
- Expedite own orders to ensure timely delivery
- Procurement should be according to laid down company procedures and decisions should be made within policy guidelines.
- Comply with Kansanshi Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
- Assist to provide ethical and commercially based procurement for Kansanshi.
- Assist with pricing information for other than procurement purposes such as the preparation of budget submissions, scopes of work, detailed costing for identified modifications and upgrades, as required.
- Lead the procurement function in the absence of the Supply manager.
- Other duties as directed by the supervisor.
- Formal qualifications in purchasing, minimum CIPS level 5, commercial law or other related fields.
- Bachelor degree in Procurement and Supply or a related field will be an added advantage
- Operating experience with computer systems
- Absolute integrity
- Skills in management reporting.
- An appreciation of warehousing, accounting and audit procedures
- Conversant with copper mining and treatment operations
- A working knowledge of computer based supply systems (preferably PRONTO)
- Current driver’s license
- At least 5years experience in purchasing and contract preparation and administration preferably within the mining industry.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication and negotiation skills
- Experience in formulation of and interpretation of purchase orders, tender and contract details.
- Strong team ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Methodical approach to everyday tasks and problem solving
- Prepared to work as required to ensure viable plant operations.
- Ability to plan work and organize resources
- Able to work without supervision
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Able to prioritize work and respond to changing circumstances and demands
- Reliable and prepared to exercise initiative
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
- Able to communicate with all employees at all levels in the organization
- Cooperative attitude
- Ability to resolve conflicts and problems.