Purpose of the role:
- The incumbent in this role is responsible for using a wide range of media to build and sustain KML’s good brand through planned publicity campaigns and PR activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing support in the development and implementation of KML’s PR and media strategy.
- Organizing events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days, press tours etc.
- Managing and sharing content with users on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Designing and implementing appropriate communication strategies for various scenarios that require PR interventions.
- Creating and managing brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, etc.
- Analysing media coverage and providing insights for strategic alignment.
- Distributing information about new promotional opportunities to media agencies and partners.
- Reporting progress made on PR campaigns.
- Address the public through interviews, press conferences, presentations etc.
- Highlighting and archiving success stories and challenges of each department
- Responsible for gathering, filming and writing success stories and taking pictures of all company & stakeholders events
- Coordinating and supporting media agencies during field work.
- Collaborating with the CSR teams to ensure adequate PR coverage of CSR events and other Mine activities.
- Maintaining and building a photo and success stories gallery.
- Managing local calendar of events.
- Any other duties as may be delegated by superiors.
Qualifications & Experience
- At least, a degree in Public Relations and Mass communication or other related fields.
- Affiliated to ZAPRA or any recognized media organization
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role or media related organization.
Job Specific Competencies
- Appreciation of Zambia’s media & political landscape and the dynamics surrounding the mining industry.
- Professional and able to work with diversity, proactive, reliable, discrete, diligent, driven, innovative with critical eye for detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to speak in English and the local languages.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build synergies.
- Tactical understanding of all primary main stream media and social media platforms.
- Skilled in working with Ms. Office and Conversant with media editing software like Corel draw and Adobe Applications.
- Knowledge in graphic design layout and production.