The Wellness officer is responsible for promoting holistic wellness within the company through designed outreach programs. Wellness is a holistic concept. Devising ways to get a population to be both physically and mentally healthy is a core responsibility. It is therefore a people-facing role and the incumbent will need to be personable, communicative, and motivating. The wellness officer will report directly to the wellness coordinator.
Duties and responsibilities
The main duty of the Wellness officer is to provide assistance to the Wellness coordinator in promoting health and wellness through outreach and education in engaging activity sessions.
Other role requirements include:
- Working with the wellness coordinator to design programs that will engage the population in an effective manner.
- Promoting health and wellness programs through outreach and motivate employees to participate in the programs.
- Implement and conduct wellness programs, health screenings, and wellness education programs under guidance of the wellness coordinator or specialists.
- Using various communication channels, such as toolbox talks, lunch & learns, wellness newsletter and social media to promote wellness and fitness programs in such a manner that program goals and objectives are achieved.
- Compile, and distribute IEC content for various communication platforms as well as marketing materials that communicate the activities and services provided.
- Tracks participation in wellness and fitness programs, communicates results and maintains confidentiality; establishes and maintains a variety of reports, files and records; and prepares periodic and special reports from those data
- Maintains understanding of both the mining and health industries and develops and implements appropriate strategies
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in health or wellness promotion, public health, or a related field will be beneficial
- 3 years relevant work experience
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office and content management systems.
- Good communication skills
- Good motivator and enjoy working with people is essential.
- Driver’s Licence