Website One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Logistics Loading Assistant oversees logistics operations at the supplier warehouse and for upholding all policies outlined in the Logistics Global Policy Manual. The Logistics Loading Assistant manages all loading, quality control, reconciliation, and security of inventory at the One Acre Fund supplier warehouse. The Logistics Loading Assistant also oversees completing, organizing, storing, and submitting to HQ all supplier warehouse documentation.
- This is a slightly above entry-level position
- The main objective will be to help ensure the smooth execution of on-ground logistics thus helping our farmers receive high-quality farming inputs on time.
- Your success will be determined by how many truckloads leave supplier warehouses on time, good QC, accuracy, and consistency of documentation.
- Logistics Department
- The Loading Assistant will report to the Logistics Coordinator
Documentation and Reporting
- Complete all required supplier warehouse transaction documents.
File and submit documents.
- Manage the relationship with the warehouse team at supplier warehouses and conduct reconciliation processes.
- Provide hourly updates on loading and unloading
Physical Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Oversee loading of all inventory items onto trucks for distribution.
- Conduct the Receiving Q/C Process.
- Ensure all inputs are segregated by lot/batch and labeled.
Health & Safety
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Address any health or safety hazards.
- Organize staff at supplier warehouses, inputs, and trucks to ensure efficient input distribution
- Coordinate loading and unloading of all trucks.
- Communicate transport requirements with Manager.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Work Experience: Knowledge of and some experience in supply chain and warehouse management.
- Software/Computer Requirements: Proficiency in Microsoft excel (can work with basic formula and tables)
- Written and spoken proficiency in English, able to speak Bemba or Nyanja
- Education: Diploma in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration OR Certificate in the same field.
- Can spend long hours standing and walking.
- Time Commitment to the position: Will be asked to commit 3-4 months to the position
- Travel: Able to travel within the country periodically as requested by HQ
Seasonal Hours – Willing to work long hours, six days a week, during Core Input Distribution
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Central Province, Zambia
This role is a fixed-term contract for 3 months.
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Zambia.
5th July 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.