Driving the global shift towards company ownership transparency
Open Ownership (OO) is recruiting a short-term contractor, either an organisation or an independent consultant to support the strengthening of legislation related to beneficial ownership transparency in Zambia.
The successful candidate will be based remotely in Zambia or in the region. This consultancy is part of the Opening Extractives (OE) programme, an ambitious new five-year initiative to bring about transformative change in the availability and use of beneficial ownership information for effective natural resource governance. OE is jointly delivered by OO and the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative.
The scope of work includes:
- legislative and policy mapping;
- legal analysis and recommendations;
- legal capacity building and technical support.
- Legislative mapping report: approximately 4-6 pages (including a table/spreadsheet of legislation and links)
- Legal analysis report as well as a set of concrete and practical recommendations for legislative amendments: approximately 8-15 pages
- Support on ongoing technical assistance tasks (forms review, scoping study, and capacity building sessions): approximately 5 days of contracted time
The consultancy will last 15–20 days and should be completed by 25 November 2022.
A daily contractor rate of USD 450–550 will be offered for this assignment, determined by the experience and expertise of the contractor.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 23:59 Central African Time, 25 September 2022.
For full details on the assignment and how to apply, view the Terms of Reference.