Website Open Window University
A Specialist University, with a focus on the Creative Arts.
Open Window University is a newly formed specialist university, with a focus on the Creative Arts including the moving image, photography, game and digital design. Fully accredited with the Higher Education Authority, we are striving to be a forward-thinking voice for creativity within Zambia and across the continent, with a strong emphasis on relevant Afrocentric practise. We value passionate people that are willing to grow with us and are ready to invest in the dynamic future of our institution.
We are searching for a Deputy Vice-Chancellor with a background in the Creative Arts who will be responsible and accountable to the Vice-Chancellor for staff and diversity, estates strategy, sustainability and strategic projects. The Deputy Vice-Chancellor will superintend all academic matters in the University. The Deputy Vice-Chancellor will also deputise for the Vice-Chancellor in his/her absence. Should the Vice-Chancellor be incapacitated or on leave, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor will assume all the duties and responsibilities of the Vice-Chancellor.
Responsibilities and Duties (As stipulated in the Higher Education Act No. 4 of 2013)
- Serves on the university Executive Management Team and provides valuable input
- Directs academic policy development and implementation
- Oversees the recruitment processes and develops policies and procedures relating to staff & diversity of the University
- Facilitates processes and policies relating to strategic planning
- Spearheads the development of policies and procedures relating to the sustainable development of the University
- Oversees processes and policies relating to the corporate governance, including but not limited to Health, Safety and Environment
Qualifications and Skills
- A Ph.D., preferably in a field of the Arts or Humanities
- An ability to inspire and motivate with proven capabilities as a team leader
- Good negotiating skills, flexibility and open-mindedness
- Ability to make logical, well-balanced and reasoned decisions • Inclusive and collegial management style
- Ability to represent the University at formal events and to establish relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to understand developments in the Higher Education arena, both nationally and internationally
To apply please send your CV with a motivational cover letter to the address below.
Short-listed applicants will be notified by e-mail.
[email protected] / Attention: Open Window University Board / Application Deadline: 30 September 2020
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org