Website Open Window University
A Specialist University, with a focus on the Creative Arts.
Open Window University is a newly formed specialist university, with a focus on the Creative Arts including the Digital Graphic Design, Photography and Textile Design. Fully accredited with the Higher Education Authority, we are striving to be a forward-thinking voice for creativity within Zambia and across the continent, with a strong emphasis on relevant Afrocentric practise. We value passionate people that are willing to grow with us, and are ready to invest in the dynamic future of our institution.
Open Window University is looking to add a new lecturer to our Literary Arts team in order to assist in the development and offering of the Creative Writing subject. The successful candidate will oversee all the academic needs of the Creative Writing Course, teach theoretically and practically, develop course content, mentor students and participate in initiatives related to teaching, creative production, research and social engagement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in the development of the Literary Arts Programme
- Develop the ability of students to engage in critical discourse as well as creative output
- Teach, facilitate and mentor student development within the programme
- Prepare for, and deliver, classes pertaining to your field of expertise in Creative Writing
- Be available for one-on-one crit sessions with students you are teaching
- Seek out educational and cultural engagements for students with relevant industry and cultural bodies
- Where time allows, to assist in the digitisation of curriculum content • Serve as ambassador for the Creative Writing course in Zambia
- Conduct regular evaluations to determine viability of the Creative Writing course, and if required, recommend options for improvement
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in the Arts/Humanities with experience in Creative Writing
- Practical experience in creative writing
- Expertise in at least two of the following is required: poetry/fiction/creative non-fiction/script writing/writing for digital media
- Computer literacy and ability to be trained to work with the institutions learning management system (Canvas)
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills, emotional stability and empathy towards students
To apply please send your CV to the address below.
[email protected] / Attention: Open Window University / Application Deadline: 01 July 2022 Short-listed applicants will be notified by e-mail.