Website Open Window University
A Specialist University, with a focus on the Creative Arts.
Open Window University is a newly formed specialist university, with a focus on the Creative Arts including the moving image, photography, game and digital design. Fully accredited with the Higher Education Authority, we are striving to be a forward-thinking voice for creativity within Zambia and across the continent, with a strong emphasis on relevant Afrocentric practise. We value passionate people that are willing to grow with us, and are ready to invest in the dynamic future of our institution.
We are searching for a Vice Chancellor with a background in the Creative Arts to lead our excellent academic institution. Your responsibilities will include providing a strong vision for the University, serving on the Council and Senate, supervising the overall academic planning and spearheading the Research Programme. You should be able to represent the institution and its forward-thinking values within the public arena.
Responsibilities and Duties
(As stipulated in the Higher Education Act No. 4 of 2013)
- Serving on the Council and Senate and providing valuable input
- Reviewing academic programs, budgets, and policies, and improving upon them
- Maintaining relationships with other academic institutions, organizations, and the broader community
- Allocating resources fairly and securing grants
- Supervising staff and addressing any performance issues
- Handling a range of administrative duties, including preparing reports
- Attending academic conferences and other events
- Building networks with other academics and institutions
- In the absence of the Chancellor, presiding at the ceremonial assemblies and conferring all degrees and other academic titles and distinctions of the university
- Ensuring university standards are maintained and that academic freedom is protected
Qualifications and Skills
- A Ph.D. preferably in a field of the Arts or Humanities
- A strong record of effective leadership of human, financial, and physical resources
- Skill and experience in promoting excellence in teaching, research, administration and governance
- Deep integrity in all matters: academic, financial, and communications
- Extensive academic, teaching, and managerial experience
- The ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Superb active listening, communication, and presentation skills
- A personable and professional manner with the ability to think on your feet and talk to the press
- Excellent networking and administrative skills
To apply please send your CV with a motivational cover letter to the address below.
Short-listed applicants will be notified by e-mail.
[email protected] / Attention: Open Window University Board / Application Deadline: 30 September 2020
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com