Lumwana Mining Company
Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit highly energetic, committed and passionate Zambians for the position of Operator – Driller to join the versatile Mining team.
Reporting to the Drilling Supervisor you will be responsible for the drilling of blast holes on a scheduled shift and to maximize the hour drilling operations in a safe efficient manner. Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Identifying the risk in the work area and using the correct controls
- Report any unsafe potential conditions
- Reporting any defect to the maintenance and mine dispatch section
- Ensure environment risks of tasks are assessed and mitigated.
- Conduct prestart checks on the machine before commencing work
- Ensure the equipment is kept clean in all its interior and exterior components
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Must be able to interpret and implement drilling plans and ensure quality control is maintained throughout the drilling process
- Must be certified to operate Sandvik – D25k, D45k, DR560, Pantera, Epiroc – DML, T50
- Must have sound knowledge of safe working procedures and mine operations
- Should be able to pass Psychometric/ Dover Test
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as change agent.