At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
To accurately record weight and commodity data using windows based computer system (Mine Man) as vehicles load concentrate to destination smelters.
Communicate with hauliers BHL/JCB on vehicle pre alerts/tracking.
Supervise the efficient and effective ordering, processing and directing of inbound and outbound empty and loaded trucks with cargoes other than concentrate, without impeding the flow of concentrate dispatched from the mine
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure safety and full PPE requirements are followed by all entering the site.
- Refuse access to any vehicle which appears to present a hazard in the Stores/ Concentrate loadout area.
- Inspect inbound delivery documentation to ensure truck is directed to the correct offloading zone.
- Ensure electronic registration procedures are observed on entry and exit of all weighable vehicles.
- Ensure outbound certification is issued accurately and completely in accordance with loading/offloading requirements and that the driver signs off on one copy to be retained by the operator.
- Maintain the weighbridge office in a clean and tidy state.
- Ensure housekeeping is done on main weighbridges.
- Perform any other tasks/duties as and when assigned by supervisor/management
For concentrate despatch:
- On entry horse/trailer plate details and haulier name are recorded before the tare weight certificate is established;
- On exit loaded weight is recorded and a certificate issued showing tare weight, GVM and derived load weight.
- Ensure security personnel /operator and driver sign all concentrate documents
For bulk loads for Stores:
- On entry horse/trailer plate details, haulier, supplier, commodity, invoice and manifest numbers are recorded before the GVM weight certificate is established;
- On exit tare weight is recorded and a certificate issued showing tare weight, GVM and derived load weight.
- Ensure outbound certification is issued accurately and completely in accordance with loading/ offloading requirements and that the driver signs off on one copy to be retained by the operator.
- Maintain the weighbridges in a clean and tidy state
Job Specific Competencies
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office, PRONTO, and MineMan.
- Familiarity with electronic equipment.
Key Job Attributes
- Constantly aware of safety issues.
- Hard working, energetic, meticulous and focused.
- Honest, responsible and dependable.
- Respects deadlines.
- Team player.
Experience required to perform in this job
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar environment.
- ZCILT certificate
- Grade 12 certificate
- Minimum of a Diploma in any business / technical qualification
- Certificate in role relevant qualification.