Website ORYX ENERGIES ZAMBIA LIMITED
Providers of Oil & Gas products and services.
ORYX Energies S.A “OESA” is one of Africa’s largest and longest established independent providers of oil and gas products and services. In pursuit of its business strategies in Zambia, the company invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the vacant position Logistics Supervisor, to join its team at ORYX Energies Zambia Ltd “OEZL”, based on the Copperbelt and Lusaka.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Customer Service & Logistics Manager.
The Logistics Supervisor will be based in Lusaka.
Supervise the Logistics section of the CSL Department of the OESA Entity.
Ensure the effective management and operation of the logistics activities of the CSL department. Perform effective management and supervision of the receipt of hydrocarbon products into the depot(s) and terminal(s), effectiveness of the customs clearing process, the planning and dispatching process, supervision of the product delivery, assessment and control of into-transit gains and losses.
Logistics team management and leadership
- Coordinate the logistics team and act as the key personnel for the logistics activities.
- Ensure that logistic activities are effectively and efficiently implemented.
- Supervise and control the activities of the personnel under his supervision, follow-up of their objectives
- Organize and coordinate the necessary training and guidance to the logistics team.
Product distribution process
- Manage and implement the logistics processes involving the receipt of product into the terminals and depots.
- In liaison with the CS and logistics Perform planning, scheduling and dispatching of loading orders, including transport, terminal and depots (who, how and where).
- Check with the transporters the availabilities of trucks, plan and optimize the deliveries to customer’s site
- Confirm product delivered by Downstream Operations to transporters or end customers.
- Planning and execution of intra-tank transfers as required.
- Coordinating of product ex-bonding activities for Gasoil acquired via Tazama pipeline vendors.
- Supervise the execution of road and rail transport contracts (Validity, into-transit losses monitoring, keeping the trucks vetting, transporters and drivers’ databases).
- Processing of Transporter bills.
- In Liaison with the HSSEQ department conducting transporter audits and coordinating the technical truck vetting procedures.
Customs and trade compliance
- Management and supervision of the customs management process. Ensure trade compliance, adherence with the applicable regulations and mandatory proceedings
- Maintain recordkeeping of the customs activity.
- Provide customs records requested by authorities and support the customs audit process.
Gains and losses management
- Support the stock (mass balance) reconciliation process. Follow up the stock reconciliation between Operations and Finance (daily stock reconciliation dashboard between physical stock levels and stock balances in the ERP system).
- Follow-up and monitor into-transit gains and losses according to the industry and OESA Group procedures. Ensure the claim and recovery of losses beyond the applicable tolerance from the stakeholders (transport company, hospitality depot).
- Maintain and monitor the applicable key performance indicators applicable to the logistics activity.
Key working relations:
Internal: Sales Department members, Credit Controller, Legal Officer, Internal Control Officer
External: transporters, other marketers,
Experience & education required:
- 5 years working experience in Supply Chain Management in petroleum industry sector
- Experience in oil & gas downstream sector is preferred
- At least a bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, Logistics, Transportation or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High level of integrity
- Business oriented. Proactive in the research of improvements and optimization of the logistics process.
- Organized, disciplined.
- Integrity, rigor, and respect of governance principles and compliance.
- Autonomy & responsibility
- Managerial, experience in team development and departmental leadership
Training and Development (required to perform the job or to be completed in the role)
- Group’s values and behaviours
- Code of Conduct (Group + affiliates’)
- Product Induction (Oil, LPG, Lubricants)
- OESA Group Policies and Procedures.
HOW TO APPLY;
Interested persons should apply enclosing Academic and Professional Qualifications, plus a Comprehensive CV: stating the Position in the Subject Line of the email to – [email protected] not later than Friday 2 February 2024.
Hard copy application letters will not be considered.