Website ORYX ENERGIES ZAMBIA LIMITED
Providers of Oil & Gas products and services.
ORYX Energies S.A “OESA” is one of Africa’s largest and longest established independent providers of oil and gas products and services. In pursuit of its business strategies in Zambia, the company invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position mentioned below, to join its team at ORYX Energies Zambia Ltd “OEZL”, based on the Copperbelt and Lusaka.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Tax Manager.
The Tax Intern will be based in Lusaka.
- Prepare tax returns and payments before/on due dates.
- Estimate, track and file on a Company’s share drive tax returns.
- Provide on a quarterly basis such tax returns to the Group tax team for review purposes.
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual tax reports and returns.
- Reconcile all taxes documentation such as corporate income tax, VAT, WHT, etc. to avoid difference in turnover declarations.
- Organize and update the company’s tax database.
- Prepare necessary paperwork for tax payments and returns.
- Share financial data with the accounting department and ensure such data is filed on the shared drive.
- Follow industry trends and track changes related to taxes.
- Any other duties assigned by the Tax Manager.
- Being proactive and innovative, you are expected to be highly reliable, to search for excellence, to respect good governance and HSSEQ principles across the company and consider the company’s reputation at all times in particular respecting the OESA Code of Conduct.
- Being responsible for personal results, and do not hesitate to display a proactive and creative attitude with a particular commitment to teamwork.
Key Working Relations:
- Reginal & Group Finance offices
- Operations & HSSEQ Department member
- Finance, Commercial, Local HR Department
- Contractors and service providers
- Industry regulators and other relevant authorities
Experience & education required:
- Full grade 12 school certificate with five credits (English and Mathematics inclusive).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Tax Management qualification
- zero to one ( 0-1) years work experience as a Tax Accountant or intern ; experience in the oil and gas industry, an advantage.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
- Knowledge of government tax regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers/ Group Tax team.
- Familiarity with accounting software packages.
HOW TO APPLY;
Address application letters to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager
Oryx Energies Zambia Limited
Stand No. 2374 (Ground Floor), Kelvin Siwale Road Showgrounds,
Lusaka – Zambia
Interested persons should apply enclosing Academic and Professional Qualifications, plus a Comprehensive CV: stating the Position in the Subject Line of the email to – [email protected] not later than Friday the 16th of February 2024.
Hard copy application letters will not be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com