Website OYDC ZAMBIA SPORTS DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
Reports to Finance Manager
Job Purpose: Accounting for all the Centre’s Financial Transactions.
To ensure accurate and timely weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports that conform to statutes and accounting standards. To ensure the accurate and timely processing of all financial transactions in order to produce financial reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- To record, update, and maintain the fixed asset register in line with the OYDC financial manual.
- To produce timely and accurate daily, weekly, and monthly financial reports under management’s direction.
- To assist during internal and external auditing.
- To ensure that all financial transactions are compliant with the financial manual, internal controls, and statutory requirements.
- To record, update, and maintain accurate OYDC receivables and payables.
- To liaise with other supervisors across departments to ensure that documentation to support transactions is attached and retired on time.
- To ensure that all receipts and payments are compliant with OYDC internal controls and procurement policy.
- To ensure that OYDC financial systems are efficient and effective and to advise management where lapses are encountered.
- To ensure that all revenues collected are timely deposited in line with OYDC financial policy.
- To ensure that all financial transactions are posted in QuickBooks online daily and filed accurately.
- To undertake ledger analysis daily so as to eliminate or minimize miss-postings.
- To ensure that bank reconciliations are done weekly and monthly, each bank reconciliation is reviewed and filed by the 5th day of the following month.
- To ensure that all expenditures incurred are not only budgeted for but also justifiable, ensure that all payments to be made have the necessary supporting documents duly authorized by management.
- To ensure that before petty cash or imprest is expended, all disbursement procedures have been adhered to and are used only for authorized purposes.
- To ensure that the assistant accountant prepares the weekly actual cashflow statements for the previous week’s transactions to be made available to the finance manager every Monday morning.
- Visiting all revenue centers to confirm that usage of facilities is in line with cash received.
- To verify all payroll claims for allowances, including overtime and deductions, before preparing the payroll to be ready by the 25th of every month.
- To prepare an accurate trial balance by the 5th of every month.
- To ensure that all statutory obligations, i.e., PAYE, NAPSA, workers compensation, etc., are paid on or before the due dates.
- To take care of the fixed asset register system by making sure that all items are recorded correctly and that all relevant records and paperwork about buying and selling fixed assets are kept. Also, to make sure that the ledger and register balances match up.
- To ensure that receivables and payables accounts are reconciled at least weekly.
- To supervise accounting staff and to oversee, on a daily basis, general accounting data control.
- To ensure the safekeeping of all accounting documents and to see to it that they are filed and labeled accordingly.
- To ensure that all customer’s records held in the accounting system are reconciled with records at the bookings and lodging departments.
- To train and develop staff in accounting procedures.
- Supervise the department and manage the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Timely production of weekly accurate cashflows, monthly payroll, and monthly and quarterly management of accounts
- Strict cash and asset control
- Efficient running of the operations.
- To perform any other duties
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Puts the team agenda before personal agenda
- Supports and acts in accordance with the final group decision, even when such decision may not reflect entirely their own position.
Qualifications and Experience
- ACCA, CIMA, ZICA, or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- A member of a professional body and ZICA are a must.
- Minimum 5–10 years’ experience in financial management and accounting
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
To apply, kindly send only your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by 12th November 2023. Please mention “Accountant” in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.