At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42 -year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
The Operations and Logistics Assistant, will play a crucial role in managing various aspects of our operations, including administration, asset and inventory management, event coordination, logistics, providing clerical support, and ensuring security while ensuring a clean work environment. This role requires a proactive individual with excellent communication skills and the ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment.
1. Reception, Security, and Administration:
- Welcome and greet visitors, clients, and employees in a friendly and professional manner.
- Maintain a clean and organized reception area.
- Monitor and enforce security protocols to ensure the safety of employees, visitors, and company assets.
- Assist in maintaining organized asset, fleet, insurance and other operational records, files, and databases.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence, including emails and phone calls.
- Coordinate schedules, appointments, and meetings for the operations and logistics team.
- Provide general administrative support to the technical, operations and logistics teams.
2. Asset and Inventory Management:
- Keep track of company assets, equipment, and inventory levels.
- Update the asset register to ensure an accurate and real-time inventory stock status.
- Conduct regular inventory audits to ensure accuracy and prevent shortages.
- Assist in ordering and restocking supplies as required.
- Coordinate asset maintenance and repairs in collaboration with IT and facility-based teams.
- Assist in coordinating the transportation and distribution of goods.
- Monitor shipping and delivery schedules to ensure timely arrivals.
- Track shipments and communicate with vendors, carriers, and internal teams.
- Help optimize logistics processes for efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
4. Event Coordination:
- Assist in planning and executing company events, workshops, and meetings.
- Coordinate logistics for events, including venue booking, catering, equipment setup, and attendee management.
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure seamless event execution.
5. Clean Work Environment:
- Collaborate with landlord/property owner and cleaning service company to ensure a clean and organized workspace.
- Monitor and report any issues related to cleanliness and maintenance.
- Participate in initiatives to promote a hygienic and organized work environment.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Advanced diploma in Business Administration or equivalent; associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proven minimum 3 years’ experience in administrative, logistics, or operations roles.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Detail-oriented with a keen eye for accuracy.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
- Familiarity with inventory management software and tools is a plus.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- contributes to realizing this purpose by:
Preferred: Local candidates and residents of Kabwe, Solwezi and Ndola.
Interested and Qualified candidates should send their application letter ad CV to [email protected] indicating the Job Title & Location in the Subject line on or before the due date 19 September 2023
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.