At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42 -year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
- Liaise, collaborate with the Operations Officer on all day-to-day operations and tasks of the office.
- Manage the front desk (answer phone calls, process mail and receive visitors)
- Make travel arrangements and accommodations bookings for all Pact staff for local and foreign travel.
- Provide logistical support to program functions such as workshops, trainings and field visits.
- Accurately prepare Internal General Administration Requisitions with supporting documents
- Ensure that office is kept clean and provides a safe, healthy and conducive environment for Pact staff to be productive in their work.
- Provide logistical support to program functions such as meetings, training, interviews etc. (assist with organizing meetings/training/interviews with meeting space, stationery, snacks)
- Process Procurement Requisitions (having PRs approved, record in tracker and submit to operations officer on weekly basis)
- He/she will follow up with requests made to ensure timely delivery of goods and services so as not to affect workflow and operations of the project.
- Help the Operations officer to manage office Stores including supplies and stationery.
- Ensure office equipment is in good working order, arranging for service and maintenance as required.
- Assist with procurement in accordance with Pact and Donor policy.
- Maintain records of equipment and stocks of consumables stored in the office. Ensure stock control cards for inventory and supplies are available, stock movements are recorded and updated at all times.
- Be the Invoice focal person to be responsible for receiving and stamping ALL invoices as per the payment process.
- Prepare payment requisitions as per the payment process.
- The incumbent ensures timely payments for vendors that Administration deals with such utility companies’ e.g. Security, Internet, and telephone and all service contract bills to avoid disconnections.
- Manage of petty cash according to Pact and donor financial rules and regulations
- To ensure regular updating of the service contract tracker on monthly basis and initiate the renewal process or non- renewal prior to expiry.
- Maintain all general office files (electronic and paper-based).
- Strong verbal and written in communication skills in both English and local language.
- Good Computer skills (MS Office)
- Holder of a relevant diploma in Business Administration or similar field
- At least 2 years’ experience working in an administration in a busy office environment
- Good people management and interpersonal skills able to lead and motivate others
- Demonstrates impeccable integrity and business standards with previous clean track record of handling cash transactions
- Well organised with an eye for detail.
- A self-starter who is well organised with completer finisher attributes
- Outgoing and hospitable. Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people.
- Knowledge of USAID and other funders’ rules and regulations related to Administration desirable but not essential.
Skills and Abilities:
- Consistently works within internal process and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good planning and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities.
- Competence using common desktop applications and internal systems.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Interested and Qualified candidates should send their application letter and CV to [email protected] indicating the Job Title in the Subject line on or before the due date 19 March 2023.