At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42 -year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
This position exists to efficiently and effectively manage and coordinate all aspects of Fleet management for Pact Zambia in order to ensure that all units and operations have adequate support to perform their duties.
Key Performance Areas:
- Fleet Management
- Operating and maintaining transportation vehicles with a focus on safety and customer courtesy;
- Performing daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections; performing minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles when necessary.
- Providing other services as requested by management when not engaged in transportation service.
- Perform simple tasks, such as placing phone calls, taking messages, confirming plane reservations, making photocopies, collating and organizing reports, picking up and delivering mail.
- Maintain a neat personal appearance and polite demeanor as prescribed by professional and local standards.
- Assist in collecting quotations and Invoices in the regions
- Responsible for the office security when assigned with Office keys.
- Other duties as assigned by the office/Supervisor.
- Ensure that log books for all Pact vehicles are accurate and kept up to date
- Monitor fuel consumption and ensure that reconciliations are carried out with finance
- Ensure that vehicles are serviced and maintained as required and in accordance with Pact policy
- Ensure Vehicles are insured, have a valid Certificate of Fitness, are road worthy and meet all other requirements of Zambia’s traffic laws.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- At least 5 years of driving experience with at least 2 years as an official driver for a company or organization
- Must have at least a Zambia Secondary School Certificate of Examination. Should have the ability to drive a multi-passenger vehicle safely and appropriately.
- Ability to read, understand, and adhere to the rules and regulations of transportation.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; ability to establish effective professional relationships with visitors, co-workers, and upper level staff and employees.
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate records and reports relating to vehicles, extensive knowledge of the operations and features of assigned vehicle(s)
- NGO working experience will be an added advantage.
- Women are encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Interested and Qualified candidates should send their application letter ad CV to [email protected] indicating the Job Title in the Subject line on or before the due date 5 March 2023.