Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven, and owned by the communities we serve. Our vision is thriving, resilient and engaged communities leading their own development. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact. To learn more about Pact Zambia, visit: www.pactworld.org/country/zambia
We are a recognized global leader in creating social impact. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including capacity development, public health, governance, civil society, climate change adaptation and mitigation, energy, women’s economic empowerment, fragile states, artisanal and small-scale mining communities, monitoring and evaluation, microfinance, and more.
- Maintain accurate records of all assets, including, furniture, equipment, and vehicles.
- Under the supervision of the Operations and Logistics Officer, coordinate asset allocation and monitor their usage across different departments.
- Work with the Operations and Logistics Officer to conduct regular asset audits to ensure inventory accuracy and prevent losses.
- Work with the Operations Officer in tracking asset maintenance schedules and managing repairs and replacements.
Dispatch and Receipt of Inventory:
- Coordinate the dispatch of goods and materials from the Lusaka office to various provinces and districts, ensuring timely delivery.
- Prepare shipping documentation, including invoices, waybills, and delivery notes.
- Receive incoming inventory shipments and verify their accuracy against purchase orders and invoices. Issue GRNs as required.
- Inspect received goods for quality and quantity, reporting any discrepancies to the relevant parties.
- Organize and maintain the storage space to optimize space utilization and ease of access.
- Oversee inventory management within the storage facility, ensuring proper storage and labelling.
- Implement first-in-first-out (FIFO) principles to manage inventory effectively.
- Collaborate with the team to conduct regular stock counts and reconcile inventory records.
- Monitor inventory levels to prevent stockouts or overstock situations.
- Assist in identifying slow-moving or obsolete inventory and recommend appropriate actions.
- Coordinate with operations, procurement and purchasing teams to maintain optimal inventory levels.
Shipment Tracking and Reporting:
- Assist the Operations Manager with clearance and registration of all incoming shipments.
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager to ensure all USAID and ZRA import formalities are adhered to.
- Track shipments in real-time and provide updates to relevant stakeholders.
- Generate periodic reports on inventory levels, asset usage, and shipment status.
- Analyze logistics data to identify areas for improvement and cost-saving opportunities.
Compliance and Safety:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant transportation, warehousing, and safety regulations.
- Implement proper handling and storage procedures for hazardous materials, if applicable.
- Promote a culture of safety among warehouse personnel and enforce safety guidelines.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced Diploma or equivalent in Logistics or Supply chain management is a plus. Bachelor’s degree will be an added advantage.
- 5 years of proven experience in asset management, logistics or warehouse operations, preferably in a similar role.
- Familiarity with asset management software and inventory management systems.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in record-keeping.
- Effective communication skills to liaise with internal teams, suppliers, and transportation partners.
- Proficiency in using basic office software, such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Physical ability to handle and move goods in a warehouse environment, if required.
Instructions On How To Apply:
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter and a Curriculum Vitae online via email describing why you are the right candidate for this position detailing your experience and three (3) professional referees from your previous and current place of employment. Please send the application through Email: [email protected] and indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject line. Only the applications sent by email will be reviewed.
The deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday – 14th February 2024.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org