Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven, and owned by the communities we serve. Our vision is thriving, resilient and engaged communities leading their own development. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact. To learn more about Pact Zambia, visit: www.pactworld.org/country/zambia
We are a recognized global leader in creating social impact. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including capacity development, public health, governance, civil society, climate change adaptation and mitigation, energy, women’s economic empowerment, fragile states, artisanal and small-scale mining communities, monitoring and evaluation, microfinance, and more.
- Support the Operations Manager to manage and maintain all project office supplies, ensuring their availability and timely replenishment. Submit a monthly usage report and coordinate with provincial teams to establish a quarterly re-order system for stationery and office supplies, to avoid any stock-outs.
- Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence, including emails, letters, and packages.
- Maintain and update various administrative records, databases, and filing systems.
- Help with scheduling meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for staff.
Facilities and Utilities Management:
- In consultation with the Operations Manager, establish a lease and services tracker and ensure all project leases and service agreements are up-to-date.
Coordinate with property owners to submit invoices in a timely manner and submit to finance for payment when due.
- Ensure all properties are in good condition and liaise with landlords to resolve all maintenance/repair issues efficiently.
- Oversee the efficient functioning of office utilities, such as electricity, water, and internet services.
- Coordinate with Provincial operations staff to ensure that all office utilities bills are reviewed and submitted to finance in a timely manner to avoid interruptions.
- Coordinate with provincial operations staff to ensure all cleaning and maintenance agreements are in order and that premises are always maintained in good and hygienic order.
- Monitor utility usage and explore strategies for energy conservation.
- Support the Operations Manager to organize and execute internal and external events, such as meetings, workshops, conferences, and seminars.
- Support the Provincial teams and Procurement Manager with coordinating vendors, suppliers, and service providers to ensure event requirements are met.
- Track expenses, and follow-up with vendors to submit invoices for processing in a timely manner.
- Assist in event logistics, including venue selection, catering, audio-visual setup, and event registration.
- Collaborate with security company to maintain a secure and safe work environment.
- Work with provincial operations staff to ensure all provincial and district offices are adequately secured.
- Act as custodian of all office keys at Lusaka head office, and ensure the offices are locked and opened according to set office hours.
- Implement security protocols and procedures for the protection of employees, visitors, and company assets.
- Ensure incident and police reports are submitted for any missing, stolen goods within 7 days of an incident.
Asset Management Support:
- Assist the Logistics team in tracking and maintaining the organization’s assets, including office equipment, furniture, and clinical supplies/consumables.
- In consultation with the Operations Manager, perform periodic asset audits to ensure accurate records and asset condition.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to address asset-related issues and facilitate repairs or replacements as needed.
Fleet Management Support
- Assist the Operations Manager in overseeing the ZIH Project fleet
Work with the Fleet supervisors to ensure all vehicles are serviced, always repaired and road-worthy
- Coordinate with the fleet supervisors to submit procurement requisitions and vehicle service quotes in a timely manner, and follow-up with procurement on issuance of relevant purchase orders
- Support the Operations Manager with timely submission of invoices and follow-up with finance to ensure all invoices are paid on time.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher Diploma in Business Administration or a related field is preferred.
- 5 years of proven experience in administrative roles, event management, and/or logistics.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to multitask effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with various stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in managing records and documents.
- Proficiency in using office software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Basic knowledge of asset management principles and practices is an advantage.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and adapt to dynamic work environments.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to remain composed under pressure.
Instructions On How To Apply:
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter and a Curriculum Vitae online via email describing why you are the right candidate for this position detailing your experience and three (3) professional referees from your previous and current place of employment. Please send the application through Email: [email protected] and indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject line. Only the applications sent by email will be reviewed.
The deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday – 14th February 2024.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com