Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
Programs – Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Programs Team helps realize this objective by bridging program management, technical support, and business development, enabling Pact to achieve its global strategy. We ensure program excellence through continuous learning, monitoring and evaluation and provide organizational and industry-wide thought leadership by leveraging a complementary set of cross-functional, multi-disciplinary skills, expertise, and experiences. The Programs team: influences progressive change through the development and implementation of global and regional strategies and business plans; supports advancement of innovative solutions; pursues new business opportunities; and drives effective internal and external engagement to maximize Pact’s impact across the globe. Across all aspects of its role, the Programs Department adheres to and promotes a culture of inclusion, accountability, and respect.
The Senior Health Informatics Officer is a full-time position based in Solwezi, North-Western Province. The Senior Health Informatics Officer will work on the recently awarded, five-year USAID/Zambia Integrated Health (ZIH) contract. ZIH will support the USAID and PEPFAR objectives of 95/95/95 and providing service delivery and technical assistance to improve Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (RNMCH) and Family Planning & Reproductive Health (FP/RH) services. ZIH will improve, sustain, and further integrate HIV/AIDS, MNCH and FP/RH services at the health facility and community levels and ensure that client-centered, high-impact, high-quality services are available to all Zambians.
This is a local-hire position and is only open to Zambian nationals.
The Senior Health Informatics Officer will lead Strategic Information systems management activities at the Province level. The Senior Officer will lead implementation of SI systems, including troubleshooting for system maintenance, requirements gathering, and upgrades under supervision of SI Systems Administrator. The Officer will train system users and support roll-out of health information systems. This position will also support the SI Systems Administrator to develop and update systems user-guides and technical specifications documentation as relevant.
Information Systems Management
- Develop, manage, and ensure the maintenance and proper functioning and output of the project’s data management systems (SmartCare/SmartCare+, imPact) at province and district level.
- Develop and update data dashboards for key performance indicators to inform the technical team on daily project progress
- Support the SI Systems Administrator in configuration of indicators and ensuring indicator calculation accuracy in line with PEPFAR MER guidance and performance indicators reference sheets in AMELP for all custom indicators.
- Ensure that the data management systems are functional and able to provide the program staff with outputs on time for daily, monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports.
- Troubleshooting for system maintenance, requirements gathering, and upgrades under supervision of National SI Systems Administrator.
- Liaise with other members of the SI team to coordinate and streamline information systems, mapping, and project mHealth initiatives with SI and Research activities of the project.
- Supervises the SmartCare eHMR Coordinators and ensures SmartCare/ SmartCare+ systems functioning including monitoring and providing early information on system downtime and implications on data entry/ reporting.
- Advise on advanced data management systems being established by Pact Zambia.
- Provide necessary support to district offices on data management and reporting systems.
- Liaise with SIM Director, Program Managers, and Chief of Party as necessary to ensure that the SI Unit is meeting the data management needs of the program.
Project Performance Monitoring
- Support the weekly High Frequency Reporting and monthly reporting by ensuring data is timely available for the reporting .
- Support the SIM Director in development/ updating of data collection tools, guidelines and standard operating procedures as needed.
- Work in Collaboration with SI and technical teams in preparation of Monthly and Quarterly reports
MEL Capacity Building
- Support the Strategic Information Senior Advisor in training and mentoring of Provincial and District Health Office teams in data analysis and use for performance monitoring.
- Conduct regular joint district and province level supportive supervision with Provincial/ District Health Office teams to ensure quality service delivery and reporting.
- Provide training, mentoring and coaching to district SI & Health Informatics officers and SmartCare eHMR Coordinators on data management systems troubleshooting, usage, indicators, reporting and dashboards.
- Train information system users and support roll-out of health information systems at province and district level as relevant.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Employee complies with all company policies and procedures, including completing all compliance training topics by the deadline to satisfy each and receiving the corresponding acknowledgment statement that the training has been completed.
- Master’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education or experience. Or Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years relevant experience
- Other local education and experience: Computer Science, Health informatics, Data science or other related analytical degrees
- Training in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience implementing M&E or information systems administration activities, preferably for USAID/PEPFAR funded HIV&AIDS/TB projects in Zambia
- Demonstrated expertise in DHIS2 and cloud-based data management; minimum of 6 years experience in system roll-out, configuration, and usage
- Working knowledge of MERL principles, including qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis, tracking outcome indicators
- Strong data mining, analytics, and visualization skills using STATA, Power BI, with experience with programming languages a plus.
- Strong facilitation, training, and coaching skills.
To Apply, follow this link.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.