Terms Of Reference
Consolidation of “Project Completion Report” Children Out of Mining Project
Pact Zambia is a country office of “Pact”, an international non-governmental, non-partisan, non-religious, and non-profitmaking development organization with its headquarters in Washington DC. Pact’s work in Zambia largely focuses on improving the lives of orphans and vulnerable children, especially those affected by HIV and AIDS. However, a growing part of Pact Zambia’s portfolio is in responsible mining within the country’s diverse artisanal and small-scale mining (ASM) sector.
Project overview: The Zambia office seeks a Report Writer Consultant to consolidate the Project Completion Report of the Children Out of Mining Project that implemented in Zambia Copperbelt and Central Provinces. It was a three-year charitable program funded by the London Metals Exchange (LME) whose goal and objectives were,
Goal: To contribute to the reduction of child labour in mining in Zambian communities by implementing individual, family, and community structural interventions.
- To improve the livelihoods skills of adolescents, young people and caregivers that provides alternative sources of livelihoods.
- To strengthen the capacity of communities and mining regulatory authorities to prevent child labour and enforce child protection in mining.
The report writer consultant will do a desk review of the project proposal, baseline report, 4-semi-annual reports, and M&E plan to prepare the project completion report. S/he will be guided by the program manager in the preparation of the report.
Timeframe: The successful candidate will be available to prepare the report structure in November 2023 with a final report due in the first week of December 2023.
Experience in ethical report writing, child-centered approaches, and focused on child protection is required. Previous experience in writing project completion reports in child labour as an advantage but not a requirement.
Scope of Work:
Working closely with the project’s Copperbelt-based Program Manager and Pact’s Global M&E team:
- Structure the report that will capture the before and after project implementation in child labour in the mining contexts, through a mix of presentations.
- Prepare a power point summary of the project achievement from the main report.
- From the baseline and interventions prepare a list of recommendations
- Highlight the 5 interventions versus achievement scored in summarized broad categories.
1. Main deliverables
There are three main deliverables.
- Deliverable 1. Prepare a full draft report (Narrative) and submit to Pact for review and feedback to feed in the final report.
- Deliverable 2. Prepare a final Project Completion report and submit to Pact.
- Deliverable 3. Prepare a summary of 8-10 slide decks on Power Point Presentation
The following structure should be followed for the draft and final report:
- Title page
- Table of contents
- Executive summary
- Body of Report
- Introduction (Purpose of the project)
- Background (Overview of the project/Objectives/Goals/Summary Baseline
- Project Interventions (based on wok plan) and Main Results (according to the baseline report vs semi-annual reports)
- Lessons learned.
2. Proposed Report Writing Timeline
The preparation of the report will take place between within November 2023
- Report design and submission to Pact by 15th November 2023
- Presentation of the 1st draft report by 30th November 2023
- Feedback on the draft report from Pact – 3rd November 2023
- Submission of final report- 5th December 2023
In your application please do include your proposed full cost and workplan for this exercise. Send the applications to [email protected] copying [email protected] on or before the due date Friday, 10th Nov 2023.