At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact seeks an experienced Finance Management and Operations Director for the USAID/ Zambia Integrated Health Activity (ZIHA). USAID/Zambia intends to award a $120M contract to support the USAID and PEPFAR objectives of 95/95/95, and to provide service delivery and technical assistance to improve MNCH and FP/RH services. ZIHA will improve, sustain, and further integrate HIV/AIDS, MNCH and FP/RH services at the health facility and community levels and ensure that client-centered, high-impact, high-quality services are available to Zambians. This is anticipated to be a five-year activity. This position is contingent upon award and this position is anticipated to be based in Lusaka.
- Accountable for efficient resource deployment and use, program accounting and financial reporting, and related reporting and ensuring compliance with USAID financial and accounting rules and regulations.
- Provide overall procurement, financial, operational, safety and security, and compliance support to ZIHA.
- Oversee management of sub-contracts and Grants under Contracts (GUCs).
- Accountable for ensuring that funds expended are compliant with US government regulations and policies.
- Implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the award.
- Initiate, develop, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the finance and compliance program and its related activities and to promote cost efficiency and compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Identify potential areas of financial and compliance vulnerability and risk and develop or implement corrective action plans to resolve problematic issues.
- Ensure proper financial documentation and reporting; establish and provide direction and management of project funds.
- Lead and oversee the development, management and complete life cycle of a variety of possible procurement mechanisms, including but not limited to purchase orders, sub-contracts, and/or GUCs.
- Accountable for managing the contract budget, tracking project spending and preparing financial reports for submission to USAID.
- Develop, implement, and adjust when required the ZIHA’s safety and security strategy and protocols, and serves as the point of contact for the person in charge of security at USAID for any issue related to security reports and procedures.
- Mentor and supervise finance, operations, and other staff engaged in the activities noted here.
- Graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years’ progressive leadership and experience in accounting, operations, and finance management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing diverse teams of professional staff is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of relevant USG grants and contract management experience is required.
- Registration with the Zambian Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) is required.
- Demonstrable experience with management and/or administration for USAID projects, including experience managing sub-contracts and GUCs.
- Knowledge of U.S. government references including OMB Circulars (e.g., A-122), 22 CFR 226 and 22 CFR 228, ADS, FAR, AIDAR, CAS, FFATA, DSSR, and FTR.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and consensus building.
- Ability to travel within Zambia and occasionally internationally when health and safety concerns regarding COVID-19 diminish.
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases.
- Experience with accounting software such as Serenic, Navigator, ERPs, ACCPAC, or others.
- Zambian nationals are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please click here or the apply button below.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.