At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development
The USAID-funded Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project (Z-CHPP) supports the Government of Zambia to reduce new HIV infections through increased adoption of high impact HIV services and protective behaviors among at-risk populations, using evidence-based and locally owned solutions and in close partnership with a range of local Zambian organizations and institutions.
Position Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will take the lead in implementation of the performance monitoring plan (PMP)/or Indicator Performance Tracking Table (IPTT) to capture project performance and results including routine service delivery data reporting.
S/he will be responsible for overall coordination of data collection and reporting of service delivery data against the indicators and ensure quality of data through routine data verification procedures. The M&E officer will also make periodic technical assistance/data quality audit visits to partner sites in data collection, analysis and use of data for decision-making and program improvement. S/he works collaboratively with other team members on project planning, implementation, and the adjustment of project activities based on monitoring information obtained by using innovative, participatory methods and standard approaches
- Provide technical leadership and direction to project M&E strategies, frameworks, plans and indicators to capture project performance and results.
- Provide leadership in coordinating the successful implementation of the project’s M&E activities.
- Support and oversee data collection associated with DREAMS activities in the DREAMS districts
- Conduct bi-monthly technical supervision of data collection
- Provide technical support to sub partners on data base management and reporting
- Provide technical leadership on the use of data collection tools and ensure that they are used correctly and consistently
- Advise sub partners on achievement of targets related to DREAMS activities
- Organize and facilitate training workshops on monitoring and evaluation
- Enhance systems for routine data collection and M&E feedback to technical/or program staff
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure that necessary project planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Contribute to routine and ad hoc reports to donor and Pact HQ
- Contribute to annual work planning.
- Work closely with sub-implementing partner structures to strengthen routine monitoring of programs
- Track performance results on all DREAMS output indicators using the PMP or IPTT
- Document, write progress reports and disseminate program-related data.
- Work with sub-implementing partners in ensuring that DREAMS data is up-to-date in access database/Or ComCare
- Promote and support the dissemination of project information among the project team.
- Advise program technical staff in preparation of work plans and key project reports
- Regularly assess sub-implementing partner data to ensure accuracy prior to submission
- Coordinate quarterly Data Quality Assessments (DQA)
- Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation or related field or equivalent experience
- Not less than five years’ work experience in monitoring and evaluating health and/or development programs
- Proven ability to design and manage monitoring and evaluation systems on development projects
- Demonstrated capacity to facilitate training workshops on M&E with local organizations
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time
- Experience and understanding of the PEPFAR framework and reporting system.
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Experience with statistical analysis and word processing, database and graphical software
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Fluency in English and local language
- Zambian national preferred
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Interested and Qualified candidates should send their application letter ad CV to [email protected] indicating the Job Title in the Subject line on or before the due date 17 January 2019.
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.