Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
PROJECT OVERVIEW AND ROLE
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
In Zambia, Palladium is implementing the District Coverage of Health Services Project (USAID DISCOVER-Health). The project aims to ensure equitable access to and use of high quality health services and products at the district and community levels. DISCOVER-H will implement a market-based approach that works across the public, social marketing and commercial sectors to target all consumer markets. In doing so, the project will work with the Government of the Republic of Zambia and other stakeholders at the national, provincial and district levels to be strategic partners and stewards to ensure a conducive policy environment for a total market approach. Palladium will conduct and use market-based research to define market segments so that messages, services and products can be appropriately targeted and to ensure that strategic partnerships are created to grow and sustain the overall health market in Zambia.
Palladium is hiring a Sales and Distribution Officer for the DISCOVER-Health project in Zambia. The Sales and Distribution Officer will be responsible for distribution and promotion of pharmaceutical and health products to selected target outlets in a defined geographic region. S/he will identify and coordinate with target outlets (i.e. retailers and businesses) to ensure that products are of high demand.
Palladium is hiring a Sales and Distribution Officer to support product sales and promotion across the country. The Sales and Distribution Officer will be based in Ndola and work in various provinces around the country.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with retailers, outlets, community-based distributors, facilities, and others to ensure distribution targets are met and product satisfaction is high.
- Implement merchandising and promotional activities at outlets and ensure high in-store visibility for optimal sales performance.
- Coordinate with business partners, including distributors, retailers and outlets in the target geographic area to ensure they receive efficient and effective services from the project.
- Track sales and ensure accurate and timely reporting on product sales and sales revenue per the project’s credit and sales policy.
- Ensure that retailers, distributors, and outlets have adequate knowledge about product use and application, including knowledge of information outlined on product packaging and inserts and use of applicable promotional materials.
- Carry out demand creation activities for the full range of health products to increase awareness and demand for commodities among the target population.
- Collect market information & feedback at the consumer and point-of-sale level to better inform project activities and optimize product marketing.
- Other activities as requested by project leadership.
Qualifications (required & preferred)
- Diploma in Marketing and sales (A must)
- Two years’ experience in distribution of pharmaceutical /health products in the pharmaceutical and health industry in Zambia
- Proficiency in English and any other two local languages.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Able to drive a manual vehicle
- Priority will be given to candidates residing in the districts of office location i.e. Ndola
- Willing and able to travel at least 50% of the time to remote areas around the country
- Only Zambian nationals will be considered.
Interested? Please submit your CV through the Palladium International Careers Page.
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Applications Close Date: 25 Jan 2018
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://palladiumhr.secure.force.com/recruit/fRecruit__ApplyJob?vacancyNo=VN4171 →