Website PEAS Zambia
Promoting Equality in African School
PEAS Zambia is a dynamic, innovative organisation that’s changing the face of education in Africa. We are looking for an exceptionally effective and inspirational educationalist to lead our flagship school in Kasama. If you are a creative, result-oriented, life-long learner with a vision to expand the opportunities to the young people of Zambia continue reading.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teaching and Learning-teaching a class and modeling good student-centred instruction, developing and executing innovative and data-driven continuous professional development for staff, effectively and continuously monitoring classroom teaching and assessment data to inform how to best support students and use data to effectively engage learners and parents in the learning process.
- Education Management-drives high performance expectations for PEAS staff, setting the tone for respectful interaction with students and staff by demonstrating a willingness to change practice in light of new understandings, works with the school director to establish a school culture that promotes participatory decision making, effective delegation and facilitating teacher autonomy, encourages staff to reflect on their craft and practice and how it supports student achievement, assumes responsibility for all education targets and school improvement plans, conducts observations and evaluations of teaching staff and takes overall responsibility for the welfare and well-being of every student and staff member at the school through effective management of the PEAS Child Protection Policy
- Leadership-develops and maintains active and productive relationship with PTA, school staff, student council, Board of Governance members and the PEAS offices, ensures that school is in compliance with all applicable Ministry of General Education regulations, works with PEAS staff to develop and implement systems to measure operational efficiency, and ensures all teachers are registered with the Teaching Council of Zambia
- Finance Management-works closely with the School Director to ensure school sustainability, including developing effective and innovative approaches to make sure that fee collection is maximised, develop and manages the school budget with the School Director that achieves the school’s objectives, accountable for all school management financial reports
- Governance-works with School Director, Board of Governance, Parent Teachers Association and PEAS office to develop strategies to achieve school goals and objectives, attends and serves as the secretary for all board meetings
- Community Engagement-works with School Director to develop and execute community outreach plans to increase student enrolment and student retention in PEAS school, develop plans to promote a positive image of the school within the community, and develops and implements strategies to promote PEAS School’s mission to both the internal constituencies of the school and the community at large
- Values driven and passionate about PEAS’ mission to expand access to sustainably delivered quality education in Africa.
- Top level understanding and proven track record of managing
- Thorough understanding of how education section in Zambia functions.
- Proven track record in improving academic performance.
- Top-level understanding of driving effective teaching and learning practices.
- Ability to develop school systems and processes.
- A team player and has excellent interpersonal skills; very culturally sensitive and able to work between two cultural contexts.
- Appropriate attitudes to the use of authority and maintaining discipline with students and staff members.
- Knowledge of leadership principles and practices, gained through work experience and formal education.
- Open-minded, responsive to feedback and continually seeking to develop and improve
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Teaching experience (minimum 3 years)
- Management experience in school (minimum of 2 years)
- Qualified teacher status, registered with Teaching Council of Zambia
- Working experience in the education sector in Zambia with exposure preferably at secondary level
- Knowledge of working with a wide range of students
- Top-level understanding of strategies for the improvement of teaching practices and learning outcomes
- Post Graduate Training in Educational Administration, Curriculum Development, or a related field.
- Experience developing and enriching curriculum
Please submit a cover letter (paying particular attention to the person specification) and curriculum vitae to [email protected]
Please include all portions of your application in one attached document as a PDF document, and use School Director-Northern Province Region as the subject of your email. Only complete applications will be reviewed and only qualified candidates will be shortlisted and contacted.
PEAS is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its recruitment practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
Closing date for applications: 19 October 2017. Interviews date will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates a week after closing date. PEAS has a strict Child Protection Policy. All staff are expected to abide by this.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com