PEAS exists to expand access to sustainably delivered, quality secondary education across Africa with the goal of creating a world where all children enjoy an education that unlocks their full potential. PEAS Zambia does this through increased access to affordable, quality and sustainable schools in partnership with the Zambian government through the Ministry of General Education (MoGE).
PEAS Zambia is looking for a suitably qualified candidate for the position of SCHOOL HEADTEACHER for our PEAS Kampinda Secondary School.
REPORTS TO: The SCHOOL DIRECTOR.
JOB PURPOSE: To provide effective, dynamic and inspirational leadership in order to enable PEAS school to fulfill its agreed education outcomes.
- Teaching and Learning
- Education Management
- Finance and Management
- Contribution to the PEAS network
- Values driven and passionate about PEAS’ mission to expand access to sustainably delivered quality education in Africa.
- Top level understanding and proven track record of managing schools.
- Thorough understanding of how education section in Zambia functions.
- Proven track record in improving academic performance.
- Top-level understanding of driving effective teaching and learning practices.
- Ability to develop school systems and processes.
- A team player and has excellent interpersonal skills; very culturally sensitive and able to work between two cultural contexts.
- Appropriate attitudes to the use of authority and maintaining discipline with students and staff members.
- Knowledge of leadership principles and practices, gained through work experience and formal education.
- Open-minded, responsive to feedback and continually seeking to develop and improve
- Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Teaching experience (minimum 3 years)
- Management experience in school (minimum of 2 years)
- Qualified teacher status, registered with Teaching Council of Zambia
- Working experience in the education sector in Zambia with exposure preferably at secondary level
- Knowledge of working with a wide range of students
- Top-level understanding of strategies for the improvement of teaching practices and learning outcomes
- Post Graduate Training in Educational Administration, Curriculum Development, or a related field.
- Experience developing and enriching curriculum
Please submit a cover letter (paying particular attention to the person specification) and curriculum vitae to [email protected]
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Please include all portions of your application in one attached document as a PDF document, and use School Headteacher-Northern Province Region as the subject of your email. Only complete applications will be reviewed and only qualified candidates will be shortlisted and contacted.
PEAS is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its recruitment practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.