Position: Learning and Development Manager
Location: National Office – Lusaka
Purpose: Effectively partner with the Organization to provide learning and development, performance management and organization development support to enhance organisational effectiveness and performance. Manages the WVZ Staff care programme aimed at improving the well-being and productivity of all employees
Learning & Development
- Evaluate strategic and annual plans, performance appraisal results and Personal Development Plans PDPs) and liaise with divisions to identify needs for learning and development that facilitate the effective execution of business plans.
- Providing support to WVZ in conducting specific needs analysis for L&D, designing learning solutions and sourcing service providers required to meet identified needs.
- Advises on learning and development resources available locally and across the region.
- Preparation of annual training calendar
- Tracking of PDP’s
- Providing evaluation reports of locally coordinated learning interventions
- Monitors and maintains processes and measures for determining the impact of learning and development activities, to support required reports and analytics as required to aid decision making.
- Managing Staff orientation process
- Providing Appraisal support to line managers and SMART goal alignment
- Leads initiatives to create and enhance awareness and skills amongst managers to adequately drive performance plans / work plans
- Ensure Appraisal compliance across WVZ
- Track and support Needs improvement process
- Reviews WORLD Vision Zambia strategic and annual plans, liaises with divisions to identify needs for changes to the organization
- Maintenance and creation of Organization organograms
- Manage Job Evaluations in compliance with the region
- Reviews Staff Development and staff care processes and makes recommendation for improvement.
- Remedial action for all Learning and development initiatives
- Ensure Compliance of all Learning and development procedures and processes
- Preparation of monthly / quarterly reports for the partnership
- Efficiently manages the progress of direct reports, effectively linking performance management, learning & development, to achieve ideal performance. Effectively
- Provide technical support to subordinates
- Performs any other tasks as required by the supervisor / organization
- Manages the World Vision Employee Wellness Program for all employees, through the enhancement of all aspects of health, increasing awareness of positive health behaviors
- Encourage employees to voluntarily adopt healthier behaviors and to provide opportunities and a supportive environment to foster positive lifestyle changes
- Support pastoral care in line with our mission
Minimum Education,training and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Psychology or Business Administration.
- A Master’s degree in Human Resources Management an added advantage (Essential if first degree not in HR)
- Between Five (5) to seven (7) years’ work experience in similar roles
- Experience in Job Analysis
- Performance Management
- Survey Design
- Problem solving skills
- Great interpersonal Skills
- Experience with Management Development
- Great Communication Skills
- Interpretation of regional policies and programs for staff Development
Design of Organizational Charts
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and may require international travel.
Full member of ZIHRM.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply, ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job please visit careers.wvi.org.