Website People in Need Zambia
Name of the position: Gardener (Mongu Resident)
Contract duration: 3 months with possibility of extension
Start Date: As soon as possible
Line Manager: Logistics Manager
Application deadline: ( “the applications will be processed on the rolling basis- we may close applications depending on the volume of applicants)
Salary: Candidates will be informed about the salary range in the beginning of the recruitment process.
People in Need (www.peopleinneed.net) works in Zambia since 2017 delivering lifesaving and development assistance to vulnerable people in the sectors of nutrition, livelihoods, WASH, environment and good governance. We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. Lear more here: www.alliance2015.org
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Cleaner is responsible for general administrative support with the overall aim of ensuring high standard of cleanness to the surroundings of Office and Guest House.
- Support to Programs and Support Department
- Maintaining lawn and other greens (e.g. Garden)
- Installing detailed landscapes and seasonal flowers
- Monitoring and ensuring plant health
- Planting and propagating bedding plants
- Pick up and disposal of litter
- Assist in various maintenance activities as required
- Watering and feeding plants.
- Trimming of trees and shrubs where necessary
- Fertilizing and mowing lawns.
- Weeding gardens and keeping greens spaces and walkways/ car slots clear of debris and litter.
- Following all safety and health regulation.
- Maintain all gardening /cleaning equipment and machinery
- Report maintenance problems to your Manager
- Responsible for ensuring that sufficient cleaning materials are on hand
- Responsible for the assets in your care; report any asset movement, loss or damage to the relevant person
- Storing of water for use in Emergencies
- Assist in arranging of meetings/events logistics
- May help in interior cleaning as per directions form you superior
- Perform miscellaneous job- related duties as assigned by Line Manager or superiors.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar position a must
- Qualification in landscaping will be an added advantage
- Good communications in English with interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to identify problems and suggest solutions
- Able to maintain high standard of cleanliness around our Buildings
- Commitment to and understanding of PIN’s aims, core values and principles
- Self-starter and motivated, ability to plan and organize work independently.
WHAT PEOPLE IN NEED ZAMBIA OFFERS
- Salaries are according to People in Need Salary Scale. Candidates will be informed about the salaries in the beginning of the recruitment process
- 24 annual leave per year
- Contributions of Health Insurance (Nhima) as by Law
- Accident insurance for all injuries during work time
- National pension scheme contributions as by law
- Extensive Capacity Building program, both internal and external trainings – Induction training, internal online opportunities, such as access to e-learning platform and webinars
- Month contribution for phone tariffs
- Annual Staff retreat
- International environments with opportunities to learn from other country programs and HQ office in Prague
- Paternity leave of 5 days and maternity leave of 14 weeks
- Breastfeeding breaks for nursing colleagues
- Internal mobility
- Per diem for working outside of the duty town depending on the location
- Friendly and fair environment in small collective structure where everyone knows each other
- We have lunch break with meals available at the office
2 health breaks twice per day.
People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need engages /is in contact with. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of Conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp ). People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Please note that PIN never ask for exchange of material, services or money for employment.
To apply please follow this link.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.