One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund has been operating in Zambia since 2015, and we have grown to serve over 10,000 clients in more than 60 sites around Kabwe with a staff of over 100 people. Our plan is to grow even more and become one of Zambia’s fastest-growing professional organisations. To help lead this growth, we are looking for a People Operations Associate to start as soon as possible.
We are looking for an exceptional professional with 3+ years of work experience to serve in a position that is responsible for setting strategy for growing the team with the Pilot Lead, training the team across all job grades and departments with the support of the New Country Expansion Capacity Development Manager, and executing on all human resource initiatives and processes within One Acre Fund Zambia.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Zambia People Operations Department which will include:
- Prepare bi-annual performance reviews for all direct reports
- Provide management and mentorship to all direct reports through weekly check ins, team meetings. Direct reports will be individuals from each of the following teams:
- Zambia Recruiting team
- Zambia Training and Development team
- Zambia Corporate Operations team
- Zambia Human Resources team
- Build the capacity to attract Zambia’s most talented leaders, efficiently on-board hundreds of staff per year, and find innovative ways to maximize morale and productivity.
- Build and lead the in-country Recruitment team
- Oversee the recruitment team to ensure the organization can attract and screen enough employees to support aggressive growth targets
- Oversee the Corporate Operations team to ensure all office administration, transportation, guest logistics and team well-being needs are met. This will also include acting as the Zambia Diversity and Inclusion lead
- Report to the organization’s global People Operations team to ensure compliance with global standards across all departments listed above
- Creating a training department that will support every team across the Zambia program
- Build and lead the in-country Training and Development team
- Oversee the Training Department staff to ensure all staff are supported in their professional development
- Manage the human resources team and define the strategy for improvements to staff policies
- Oversee the Human Resources team to ensure all local labour laws are known and followed by all staff and stakeholders
- Support the human resources team in ensuring compliance to local laws and One Acre Fund policies and best practice
- Ensure the well-being of the Zambia team and guests
- Act as the Zambia Diversity and Inclusivity lead
- Manage the Corporate Operations team with support from Global Corporate Operations on issues such as:
- Health and Well Being
- Safety and Security
- Transportation, accommodation, etc.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
- Top-performing undergraduate background required, Masters degree preferred, in Human Resource Management, Social Sciences, or related fields.
- 3-5 years of professional work experience – specifically in people development and leadership of teams
- Fluent in English as well as 2 or more languages found in Central province (e.g. Bemba, Tonga, Lenje, Nyanja etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability of: creative problem-solving, successful implementation and execution of strategy, and materials creation for widespread distribution
- High proficiency with computer skills regarding e-mail, internet usage, and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Friendly personality, professional and proactive work attitude, as well as the ability to interact with people from different backgrounds
- Humility; a willingness to get your shoes muddy and work productively with people from all walks of life
- Ability to tackle any task, large or small, with professionalism and enthusiasm
PREFERRED START DATE
Minimum 2-year commitment, full-time job
We offer a modest starting salary that affords a high quality of life in our areas of operation. This is a career-track role with performance-based raises and the ability to expand responsibilities over time.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, housing.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://oneacrefund.org/work-with-us/job-openings/g/?gh_jid=863682 →