Right to Care
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
About the Positions
Date advertised: 5th October 2020
Closing date: 9th October 2020
Position: Pharmacy Technologist x2
Contact Person: Vacancy11
Location: Isoka DH & Nakonde Urban Clinic
Contact email: [email protected]
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract duration: Fixed Term
Reporting to: Provincial Technical Officer
Job grade: TBA
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of Zambia
- HIV Treatment & Care, ART and Essential Medicines Logistics management course
- 3 – 5 years post Community Service
- Previous public sector experience preferably within HIV field
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to pay attention to detail
- Good planning, organizing and decision-making skills
- Be able to work within the framework of a team
- Computer literate: MS Office
- Good understanding of Medicines and Related Substances Legislation
Key Performance Areas
- Issuing medicines to patients, furnishing information and advice to patients with regard to the use of medicines.
- Counselling patients on the proper use of drugs they are taking.
- Determining patient compliance with the therapy and follow up to ensure that patient’s medicine related needs are being met
- Evaluating patient’s medicine related needs by determining the indications, safety and effectiveness of therapy.
- Document medication errors and interventions made during dispensing.
- On-going adherence monitoring of patients.
- Involvement in Pharmacovigilance activities
- Clinical Pharmacy to ensure efficacy, safety and continued access to ARVs for inpatients.
- Ensure continuous supply of medication for patients accessing care from pharmacy and areas that we support
- Facilitate multidisciplinary team approach to patient care
- To provide TA on stock inventory at EQUIP supported districts and health facilities i.e. FIFO\FEFO, Cold Chain, Reports and Requisitions
- Ensure Good Pharmacy Practise and use SOPs at all EQUIP supported facilities
- Design and implement effective and efficient stock control measures and protocols
- Ongoing monitoring of the stock master database of the dispensing software to ensure correct database.
- Attend courses and training workshops that might be organised from time to time
- Provide training to other Health Professionals with regard to pharmacy related issues
- Train and Tutor Pharmacist Assistant learners registered with the Pharmacy Council for training.
- Supervise Pharmacist Assistants working in the Pharmacy
- Being part of a multi-disciplinary team within the clinic\hospital
- Identify training needs for staff
- Implement a training schedule in line with the needs of the pharmacy
- Develop and Implement SOPs’
- Ensure adherence to guidelines and with SOP’s
- Attend clinic meetings and report on pharmacy issues and support clinic efforts to improve patient care
- Support pharmacy automation to improve efficiency
- Report Interface, TE and the dispensing system issues as they occur and keep a log thereof
- Ensure automated dispensing unit (ADU) loading is facilitated and takes place as per schedule
- Ensure use of correct ISS for ADU loading as well as ensuring minimum stockholding is maintained
- Ensure maintenance of ATC database for TE interface
- Ensure that all the system related issues (i.e. dispensing system and ADU) are solved promptly.
- Support all Pharmaceutical Services activities in EQUIP offices and EQUIP supported sites
- Stakeholder engagements and meetings e.g. MoH ZAMRA, Partners etc.
- Compile monthly statistics and reports and forward to relevant persons
- Overall Pharmacy staff management and support
- Plan, organise and approve leave of junior staff
- Ensure monthly and weekly task allocation of Pharmacy staff
- Continued evaluation and monitoring of Pharmacy systems i.e. waiting times, prescription errors etc.
- Perform ongoing assessments for measuring impact of interventions and outcomes thereof for continuous self-improvement
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.