Phoenix Health Investments Ltd
- Full Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
- Degree/Diploma in Midwifery from a recognized institution
- Fully registered with the Health Professions Council of Zambia
- Qualified and professional Registered Midwife with at least 2 years’ work experience as a Midwife
- Pays attention to detail even under work related pressure.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Should have the residential address within PHI Chainama or surrounding areas such as Mtendere, Munali, Avondale and Chelstone.
All Suitable candidates should apply in email to [email protected] no later than Friday, 17th March, 2023. Attached to your introductory email should be a 2-paged resume and 1-paged cover letter in PDF.With the reference for the job applied for or bring their application in person to:
PHI Family Clinic, PHI Chainama Area, Lusaka Zambia.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Monitoring the health of pregnant women and their unborn babies.
- Educating patients as well as their partners and family members on reproductive health, preparation for parenthood, and antenatal care.
- Teaching patients with pain management techniques to prepare them for labor.
- Delivering patients’ babies in birthing centers, patients’ homes, or hospitals as well as providing emotional support and encouragement during labor.
- Taking and recording patients’ blood pressure, temperature, and pulse as well as ordering diagnostic tests as needed.
- Helping patients and their partners to cope with miscarriages, stillbirths, neonatal deaths, and terminations.
- Teaching new mothers how to feed their newborns.
- Assisting patients in creating suitable birth plans.
- Providing sound advice to patients regarding diets, exercises, and medications suitable for pregnancy.