Position: Distribution Officer (02)
Location: Mongu, Western Province and Lusaka Province, Zambia
Contract duration: 3 months
Start date: October 1, 2020
Direct Line Manager: Field Coordinator
People in Need (PIN) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization with the headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic, providing humanitarian assistance and development aid all over the world. For more information, please see www.peopleinneed.cz
Our mission is to support and improve the livelihood of vulnerable people. We strive for open, informed, engaged and responsible society that would be able to address problems at home as well as in the world. We want to actively participate in shaping a society where cultural, ethnic, racial and other differences are a source of enrichment rather than conflict.
PIN’s office in Zambia is currently located in Mongu, Western province. PIN’s programme focusses on rural development using a multi-sectoral approach (agriculture, nutrition, food security, WASH, saving groups, maternal and child health, energy) and on good governance
Description of the Role
Distribution Officer is responsible for overall supervision of distribution processes on the ground from loading/unloading of non-food items through preparation and management of distribution sites to maintenance of distribution documentation. S/he reports to Field Coordinator and works closely with Supply Chain Assistant to ensure distributions comply with PIN and donor’s guidelines and procedures. Together with Supply Chain Assistant, the Distribution Officer ensures implementation of PIN warehousing and stock management policies and assists with administrative tasks. S/he coordinates all distribution activities with PIN’s project partners and liaises with beneficiaries, community representatives and other stakeholders present at distribution sites.
- Support, liaise and coordinate with Logistics and Supply Chain Assistant on warehouse management, including administration, stock maintenance and warehouse tracking updates
- Assists with safe stacking of all materials in the warehouse according to PIN standards
- Assists with safe receipt, storage, picking and packing of all incoming goods
- Ensures the required caseload is prepared for distribution in advance and as instructed (i.e. adequate packaging)
- Ensures loading and unloading of delivered and distributed items
- Prepares and manages distribution of WASH NFI kits to target households and health facilities
- Loads and unloads items to and from transportation vehicles and keeps record in case items get damaged or lost during transportation
- Coordinates with partner’s management and distribution team during the entire process
- Prepares distribution sites and ensures complaint response mechanism and appropriate visibility signs are in place
- Liaises with beneficiaries, community representatives and other stakeholders present at the distribution site
- Manages the crowd at distribution site, ensures necessary information flows between all parties and acts to avoid/resolve any disputes
- Ensures all distribution paperwork is diligently completed and submitted to Supply Chain Assistant (in case of good receipt or delivery notes) or Field Coordinator (in case of distribution protocols)
- Coordinates with WASH Project Officer and MEAL unit on distribution and post-distribution monitoring.
Note: All the above key responsibilities are for guidance purpose only. Specific and detailed job responsibilities would form part of the job contract of the applicants selected for the positions. People In Need (PIN) does not grant relocation allowance.
PERSON SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
Work Experience and Knowledge
- Experience in distribution of food and/or non-food items to vulnerable communities
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and under time pressure
- Sound knowledge of distribution, logistics and operation processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English and local language (Silozi)
- Proactive attitude and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of emergency response and non-profit sector is a plus
- Commitment to humanitarian principles, PIN Key Policies and Code of Conduct
- Full grade 12 certificate
- Please submit your application including a detailed CV (Max 2pages), copies of academic credentials/certificates, salary expectation and other data by filling in the form found on this link or by clicking the apply button below.
- All completed application must clearly mention on top the position applied for and must reach to above address of People in Need office before, September 17, 2020 17:00 Hours (CAT)
- Due to limited resources, Human Resource will only contact the shortlisted candidates.
- If selected for interviews, these candidates will be expected to complete a short written assessment test before the formal interview
- Any offer made will be conditional on receipt of three (3) or more favourable written reference(s) (from your most recent employer, any other previous employer and a character reference). In case clarification is required post the receipt of complete reference forms, People in Need reserves the right to call the referees.
- Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.