Play it Forward Zambia (PFZ) is seeking an individual to join our team of dedicated staff in Livingstone. The person will manage effective project delivery by working in partnership with donors and organisations and to contribute to identifying new opportunities, preparing proposals for submission and the development of innovative ideas.
We are looking for a highly motivated Livelihoods Officer who will be responsible for the implementation of the School Farm Project at Nakawa Pre-School. The successful candidate must have the relevant qualifications, experience and must be willing to work variable hours.
Our mission is to empower young Zambians to develop sustainable livelihoods through quality education and health activities. Play it Forward inspires and empowers a whole new generation of young people to take control of their lives. We engage over 1,500 young people every year in a wide range of programmes from health education & HIV testing to literacy, coding, mentoring and support towards higher education and employment. Our support on and off the pitch, ensures that young people emerge from our programmes with new skills to succeed in school, the workforce and in life.
UK Charity Registration Number 1108821
Zambia Non-Profit Registration No. 101/1341/2020
Location: Livingstone & Kazungula District, Zambia
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Contract: 6 months (extensions dependent on funding)
Type: Part-time (1-2 days per week)
Reports to: Programme Manager (PM)
Essential skills and experience
- University degree in agricultural engineering, agronomy or similar field from a recognised university
- At least 3 years practical experience in the planning and implementation of small-scale community farming
- A comprehensive knowledge agricultural techniques and sustainability practices
- Must be familiar with the rural setting in Southern Province, Zambia.
- Must have proven ability to work independently and proactively
- Experience in working with an international NGO or government project.
- Proven record of budget construction and management
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills
Main duties and responsibilities
- Based on a needs assessment of the school; write a project plan for the school farm, in line with the cropping season and within the framework of improving farming and rural livelihoods of the target beneficiaries.
- Prepare a manual on developing school farms which will be used by teachers, parents and students.
- Offer technical guidance into programme activities, giving detailed and structured training to the teachers and parents at the school and involve them in every stage of development.
- Facilitate coordination and collaboration with local authorities, partner NGO’s and organisations in the area and maintain good relationships with them.
- Prepare and submit monthly progress reports mentioning the activities undertaken (e.g, training materials and documents, training conducted, list of beneficiaries, challenges, etc.)
- Ensure the integration of gender, child protection and vulnerable people into the project design
- Be involved in all stages of the project, from the procurement of seeds and agricultural equipment to the harvesting of crops and school feeding programme.
- Prepare an accurate budget, keep expenditure in line with project requirements, keep accurate records and submit relevant accountability and expense reports.
- Develop and conduct data collections, validation, analysis and report activities to support the monitoring and evaluation of the project.
To learn more about the work we do visit our new website: https://play-itforward.org/
How to apply
We welcome applications from people of all ages (over 18) and backgrounds who have the skills and experience to help strengthen our team.
Please submit your CV along with a cover letter of no more than one A4 page outlining your suitability for the role to [email protected]
Due to the high number of applications received, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is 1st July 2022. Applications received beyond the deadline will not be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com