Play it Forward Zambia (PFZ) is seeking an individual to join the team of dedicated staff in Livingstone. The person will manage effective project delivery by working in partnership with donors and organisations, contribute to identifying new opportunities, preparing proposals for submission, and the development of innovative ideas.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the design and implementation of PFZ’s digital skills accelerator project which promotes efforts of meeting the organisation’s overall vision, mission, and organisational goals, thereby impacting on the organisation’s collective responsibilities and results.
Our mission is to empower young Zambians to develop sustainable livelihoods through quality education and health activities. Play it Forward inspires and empowers a whole new generation of young people to take control of their lives. We engage over 1,500 young people every year in a wide range of programmes from health education & HIV testing to literacy, coding, mentoring and support towards higher education and employment. Our support on and off the pitch, ensures that young people emerge from our programmes with new skills to succeed in school, the workforce and in life.
UK Charity Registration Number 1108821
Zambia Non-Profit Registration No. 120170010072
Location: Livingstone, Zambia
Salary & Benefits: K5,000 – 5,500
Contract: 1 Year Fixed Term (extensions dependent on funding)
Reports to: Country Director
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum of 1 year project management experience working in/with government, intergovernmental or international NGO organisations.
- Expertise in the delivery of coding and digital skills training will be an added advantage.
- An appropriate diploma level qualification in a relevant discipline, such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent
Experience delivering Scratch, Python, HTML, PHP trainings and up to date subject knowledge
- Experience of managing high profile donors including reporting, bid preparation and relationship management
- Proven knowledge of budget construction and management
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills
Main duties and responsibilities
1. Project Management
- Lead the implementation of the Digital Skills Accelerator project, ensuring that it meets all project objectives and milestones.
- Manage and coordinate all project activities, including training sessions, workshops, and outreach events.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive project plan, including timelines, resource allocation, and risk management strategies.
- Prepare and submit regular project reports to donors and stakeholders, highlighting project progress, challenges, and achievements.
2. Training Delivery
- Develop and deliver high-quality coding and digital skills training sessions to students in schools and community centres.
- Effectively utilise Scratch, Python, HTML, CSS, and other programming languages to teach digital skills to students of varying skill levels.
- Provide individualised support to students to ensure they are understanding the concepts and progressing at their own pace.
3. Student Engagement
- Maintain regular contact with students to monitor their progress, address any concerns, and provide ongoing support.
- Track student attendance and performance metrics to identify areas for improvement and make data-driven decisions to enhance training effectiveness.
- Foster a positive and engaging learning environment that motivates students to continue developing their digital skills.
4. Reporting and Documentation
- Prepare comprehensive reports on project progress, student outcomes, and financial expenditures.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project documentation, including training materials, student records, and financial reports.
- Contribute to the development of case studies and other materials that showcase the impact of the project on students and the community.
5. Donor Relations and Sustainability
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with donors, ensuring timely and accurate reporting and communication.
- Actively participate in donor meetings and presentations to represent the project and its achievements.
- Develop and implement strategies to secure additional funding and partnerships to ensure the long-term sustainability of the project.
To learn more about the work we do visit our new website www.play-itforward.org.
How to apply
We welcome applications from people of all ages (over 18) and backgrounds who have the skills and experience to help strengthen our team.
Please submit your CV along with a cover letter of no more than one A4 page outlining your suitability for the role to [email protected]