Basic Job Description
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of horticultural workers. Perform both supervisory and management functions, such as accounting, marketing, and personnel work, and must also engage in the same horticultural work as the workers being supervised.
Job Duties and Tasks for: ” Manager- Horticultural ”
1) Assigns workers to duties, such as cultivation, harvesting, maintenance, grading and packing products, or altering greenhouse environmental conditions.
2) Estimates work-hour requirements to plant, cultivate, or harvest, and prepares work schedule.
3) Confers with management to report conditions, plan planting and harvesting schedules, and to discuss changes in fertilizer, herbicides, or cultivating techniques.
4) Maintains records of employees’ hours worked, and work completed.
5) Prepares and submits written or oral reports of personnel actions, such as performance evaluations, hires, promotions, and discipline.
6) Trains employees in horticultural techniques, such as transplanting and weeding, harvesting , and grading / packing of produce
7) Inspects facilities/fields to determine maintenance needs, such as malfunctioning equipment/ system, clogged drips etc.
8) Observes plants, in the fields to ascertain condition.
9) Reads inventory records, customer orders, and delivery schedules to ascertain day’s activities.
10) Reviews employees’ work to ascertain quality and quantity of work performed.
NOTE: ONLY APPLICANTS WITH MINIMUM 5 YEARS RELEVANT EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THIS CRITERIA
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com