Private Internation Security Company
Position: Country Operations Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
The Country Operations Manager is responsible for leading and coordinating a strong operations team that meets contractual obligations and client satisfaction in line with the company policy. The position will foster team unity and motivation while working towards business retention, new business development and Client Satisfaction through effective supervision of Security Officers, regular Client liaison and incident investigations management.
1. Plan, coordinate and monitor administrative activities for Operations department through effective management and supervision of the branch uniformed staffs and associated support functions e.g. MRTs, K9 and technical that fall under his/her area of jurisdiction.
2. Manage area operations ensuring that field operations are carried out professionally and in accordance with the policy so as to uphold standards that will ensure acceptable service level above the contractual obligations;
3. Manage the allocated resources ensuring that there is optimum usage of all the company recourses at his disposal and due care is taken to avoid unnecessary cost;
4. Implement the branch operational plans and budgets, monitor cost and overheads to ensure they match income from the Branch, and lead collection of debts from clients. Recommend effective service withdrawal where necessary;
5. Lead in incidents investigations and update the relevant teams on the progress as necessary;
6. Carry out periodic evaluation of staff through performance reviews with the aim of addressing the existing gaps and to assist with appropriate deployment depending on the abilities. Recommend appropriate training through the HR department;
7. Carry out periodic sites visits; conduct Security surveys, audits and risk assessments of clients’ premises as required in the policy document so as to close the gaps that might expose the company to liabilities and the client negatively. Up-sale on existing business;
8. Hold regular meetings with clients for purposes of establishing the weaknesses that might exist in the service delivery and work on them to enrich on the customer care and company presence within the branch;
9. Instil and acceptable level of discipline among operations staff to meet company standards. Handle all the branch disciplinary cases in consultation with the HR and have them dispensed off with, in a timely manner;
10. Monitor and enhance provision of quality security service to subscribing clients i.e. Manned Guarding, security Dogs, alarm response, CCTV and equipment sale, access control, vehicle tracking system etc;
11. Monitor communication from the field on security related incidents, giving feedback and maintenance of data for analysis to give trends; and
12. Develop and submit branch management and operations performance reports in a timely manner.
Principal Outputs of this Role:
i. Maintenance of high levels of operations quality and customer service
ii. Creation of a conducive working relationship within the local staff force, with clients within the branch and external partners.
iii. Effective management of costs and branch profitability
iv. Timely development and submission of branch management reports
v. Formulation, Monitoring and enforcement of work procedures
vi. Business process planning, information dissemination and process compliance
vii. Manpower management, placement and Effective management and supervision of uniformed staffs.
The Country Operations Manager is accountable to the Managing Director, for the responsibilities as stated in the job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through mid-year and annual performance reviews and supported through the monitoring of the KPIs.
- Good supervision skills and operational competence.
- Planning, coordination, work monitoring and problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality when dealing with internal and external customers;
- Results oriented with excellent negotiation, interpersonal, communication and social skills.
- A forward planner with clear focus, ardent team player and able to work with remote supervision in a diverse environment;
- Good decision making skills with a sense of diplomacy, attention for detail and strong analytical ability;
- Business acumen, strategic thinker with ability to make sound decisions for the business
- Have good problem analysis and reporting skills.
- High moral standing with impeccable integrity; and
- Ability to grow, support and develop talent within the department
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in general management or business management/administration.
- Minimum eight (8) years in security operations with at least 3 years’ in a supervisory level;
- Good exposure to security operations and business financials
- Experience in leading both to administration staffs and the unionised guard force.
- Experience of working in labour intensive and unionised environments
- Tech savvy with good IT skills, Certificate in Forensic Investigations
- Computer literate and advanced training in VHF Radio operation and Voice Procedure.
- Conversant with the Zambian Labour Laws and by extension the constitution that govern other areas of the business.
Position/Employment type: Control room Head Controller
Organization/Reporting line: Head of Security & Operations
Place of work: Zambia
Contact and Cooperation:
To support the company in all areas of Operations
- Supervises and directs the activities of assigned staff; coordinates, prioritizes and assigns tasks and projects; tracks and reviews work progress and activities; participates in the recruitment and selection of staff; undertakes disciplinary action as required; conducts performance evaluations; coordinates the scheduling of staff to ensure proper operational coverage.
- Oversees operations to identify needs; ensures compliance with regulations; trains staff as required.
- Assists Lieutenant and/or Commander with the development of goals, objectives, policies and procedures; ensures compliance with and effectively implements policies and procedures; attends and conducts meetings and training sessions as required; performs department accounting duties as assigned.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the Detention Centre and to the unit’s service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Performs duties of Control Room Operator as required; Operates detention facility security doors and devices; monitors prisoner movements and disruptive behaviours; requests appropriate emergency responses to violent disturbances and emergent medical incidents.
- Oversees and personally performs a variety of administrative details such as entering employee time, preparing purchase requisitions, arranging for the repair of equipment, transmitting information, and keeping reference materials up to date.
- Represents the County with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Full G12 Certificate
- Diploma and a minimum 3 years of control room operator experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Computer literacy
- Good Communication Skills
To apply for this job email your details to Mando.Makasa@garda.com