Our client, a financial institution operating in Lusaka, Copperbelt and other provinces seeks qualified and highly motivated individuals to immediately fill the following vacant positions:
1.0 Finance Manager – Lusaka
Summary: The individual will ensure business processes, administration, and financial management, maintain accounting system, lead planning and forecasting activities in alignment with the business and company goals, reviews financial reports.
- Oversee all general ledger postings
- Ensure financial records and systems are maintained in accordance with the Companies Act requirements, the Banking and Financial Services Act and IFRS.
- Ensuring tight controls are in place and maintain a good control environment to prevent and detect errors and fraud
- Ensuring all for month end procedure are performed including closing of systems, reconciliations are prepared including Bank reconciliations , float reconciliations, petty cash counts, assets and general ledger reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly management reports
- Preparation of weekly cash plan reports
- Responsible for forecasting and budgeting
- Processing of monthly payroll
- Submission of all Monthly Tax Returns and Statutory deductions (WHT, Insurance Levy, PAYE & Skills Development, NHIMA, NAPSA)
- Preparation and submission of Regulatory returns.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate with 5 credits including English and Mathematics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy/Finance
ACCA/CIMA qualification and membership with ZICA
- Minimum of three years’ experience at the level of Finance Manager role in banking or other financial institution.
2.0 Business Development Manager – Insurance Brokers – Copperbelt
Summary: The individual will be responsible for identifying, pursuing and closing new business opportunities on the Copperbelt and Northwestern province, nurturing existing client relationships, and driving revenue growth. You will work closely with the sales and product teams to develop and execute strategies to expand our market presence.
- Develop and execute business development plans that grow the firm’s insurance brokerage business
- Lead and coordinate contract negotiations which includes but not restricted to policy terms and cost for a successful sealing of the partnership and/or sale
- Conduct thorough needs analysis and assessment for potential clients to understand their insurance requirements and provide tailored solutions
- Establish and nurture relationships with key stakeholders including insurance carriers, industry associations and referral partners to expand our network and generate referrals
- Track and report on business development activities, pipeline progress, and key performance indicators to senior management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including sales, marketing, and product development, to align business development efforts with overall company objectives
- Monitor industry developments and stay updated on market dynamics to identify and qualify new business opportunities
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong understanding of insurance market dynamics, industry trends and regulatory requirements
- 3-5+ years of experience in the insurance industry, preferable on the Copperbelt and Northwestern province or selling insurance to companies
- Proficient in using insurance management systems, and other relevant software
- Demonstrate ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
- Intense, strong, disciplined, self-motivated to execute well in a fast-paced environment
3.0 Relationship Manager – Copperbelt
Summary: The scope of this function’s operation centers on business sourcing to develop the SME portfolio, credit collections, managing relationship with both SMEs and large corporate off-takers and overseeing efficient product delivery in accordance with prescribed policies and procedures.
- Driving Sales and Income Growth
Driving income and sales targets by acquiring new clients
- Ensure dedicated relationships are maintained and grown by being the single point of entry for customer interaction as well as On-Site visitation.
- Ensure the long term sustainability of the portfolio by establishing relationships with new SME clients, corporate off-takers that support SMEs and other key stakeholders.
- Develop and demonstrate a deep understanding of local market trends and business lifecycle challenges.
- Track and monitor the financial performance of the portfolio by utilizing available KPIs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possess at least an undergraduate degree or equivalent.
- At least 3-5 years of working experience as Relationship Manager or similal positions in Financial Institution that supports lending to SMEs industry.
- Experience in trade financing, invoice receivables financing and factoring will be an added advantage.
- Good skills in networking, financial analysis, sales, proactive, energetic, integrity and possess good business acumen.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and able to interact with people at all levels.
- Open-minded and go-getter, determined to work and have staying power to see things through.
- Able to work independently with min supervision and Target Success Driven.
4.0 Business Development Officer – Capital – Lusaka
Summary: The individual will support the company across a broad spectrum of new business development and client relationship building activities for the company.
- Responsible for initiating contact with potential customers to generate and qualify leads, promote the company’s products and services, and identify sales opportunities for the company.
- Drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed deals, using various direct methods such as calling, face to face meetings and networking.
- Keep detailed notes on prospect and customer interactions and update regularly.
- Provide feedback on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities.
- Effectively articulate the Company’s investment philosophy, process, products and performance to prospects, clients and consultants and to differentiate the company from competitors.
- Participation in investment team activities to ensure up-to-date technical knowledge of the company’s products, investment philosophy and portfolio positioning.
- Coordinate RFP process supported by the Business Development team. This will include the support and oversight of the preparation of RFP documents, due diligences, and terms negotiation.
- Increase assets under management for firm’s investment products and vehicles.
- Provide regular reporting on activities, new sales opportunities, client focus and product initiatives to the Management team.
- Maintain involvement in industry and networking organizations in order to foster relationships with the prospective clients.
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity, in line with the company’s values.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3 years + experience in investment management with a strong track record in both Institutional and retail Business development and client management
- Demonstrated excellence in the field of business development as well as
- Strong knowledge in funds and investment products.
- A sound understanding of the dynamics around the investment needs of institutional clients, retail clients product distribution, product features and profitability.
If you are enthusiastic about joining our team and meet the above requirements, please send your cover letter and CV as ONE pdf document to [email protected]
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject matter.
Closing Date: 26th January 2024