We are a small medium manufacturing firm urgently looking to hire a Cost Accountant with excellent organizational and analytical skills. The desired candidate expected to be detailed oriented, knowledgeable on statistics, have strong problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will have outstanding presentation and report-writing skills, with the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Develop and maintain the cost accounting system, documents and records of the organization.
- Analyze and recommend costs and cost savings.
- Prepare and complete internal cost audits.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Analyze the data collected and log a detailed record of the results.
- Analyze any changes in goods or services provided in order to determine what effect it has on the cost.
- Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare regular reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Make estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Provide management with reports that specify and compare factors that affect prices and profitability of products or services.
- Assist in audits and general ledger preparation.
- Conduct physical inventories and monitor the cycle count program.
- Diploma in Accounting or equivalent (essential).
- Member of ZICA (essential)
- 2 years of Cost Accounting work experience (essential).
- Administration/HR experience will be an added advantage.
- Sound understanding of Accounting principles.
- Solid cost systems background.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report-writing, communication and IT skills.
Suitably qualified candidates that possess the required experience and qualifications can send their CV and qualifications to [email protected] by or before Monday 12th October, 2020.