Our Client, a well-established Asset Management Company regulated by PIA & SEC is looking for a highly motivated and inspirational individual to immediately fill the position of General Manager – Capital. This is a management position reporting to the Board of Directors.
Job Purpose : The purpose of this role is to ensure competitiveness of the organization through business development, devising strategies and investment plans in alignment with prevailing conditions in the financial sector industry; direct financial investments and activities for clients; analyze market data, client investment goals and product development.
Duties and Responsibilities
1.0 Business Development
On board new clients, institutional and high-income individuals
Manage client relationships.
2.0 Direct Client Investment Activities
directing client investment activities within particular funds.
conducting analysis to determine which securities provide the good return on investment and mitigate client risk.
Taking an active role in managing fund activities, deciding which securities to incorporate into the fund’s products.
3.0 Provide Investment Advice
Providing investment and financial management advice to clients and to other financial professionals.
Recommending rebalancing a fund, for example, based on investment objectives and performance.
Additionally, advising clients on long-term strategies for financial management and explaining how particular funds fits into their overall goals.
4.0 Monitor Fund Performance
Monitoring the performance of the fund
Conduct meetings to assess fund performance and identifying shortcomings, developing strategies to drive profitability.
Taking corrective actions to improve fund performance.
5.0 Complete Financial Transactions
Completing financial transactions on behalf of clients and the funds managed to drive profitability or reduce risk.
Weighing the risks and benefits of each transaction, determining whether they fit into the fund’s strategies and delivering value to clients.
6.0 Maintain Portfolio Records
Conducting investment and oversight activities, maintaining records and documentation related to investments and transactions.
Developing weekly, quarterly, or annual reports on fund performance, along with reports of activities related to managing the fund.
Additionally, developing documents relating to the management of funds to distribute to clients.
7.0 Ensure Adherence to Financial Regulations
Ensuring that investment activities adhere to financial industry regulations,
Conducting audits to prevent fraud and ensuring that client investments are not at risk.
Submitting reports to regulators.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
The right candidate will possess the following skills:
- Investment expertise – a high level of knowledge about different securities and financial products and how they support investor goals.
- Client Service and Relationship Management – strong client service skills, working closely with clients to understand their goals.
- Familiarity with financial regulations – a thorough understanding of financial laws and procedures as well as keen interest in understanding financial markets.
- Networking skills – ability to build professional networks and client base, have excellent relationships and stay informed about industry trends, relationship management with all stakeholders.
- Documentation skills – Ability to accurately prepare and edit financial documents; and give impeccable attention to detail.
- Communication skills – Excellent written and verbal communication; as well as negotiation and presentation skills.
- Leadership Skills – Strong leadership and ability to drive team performance.
- Sales and Marketing – Demonstrated strong sales and marketing skills.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Commerce or Economics from a reputable institution
A post graduate qualification would be an added advantage.
At least 8-10 years of experience in a similar position and industry
Ability to utilize financial industry expertise and market knowledge.
Certification to a relevant professional body
If you meet the above requirements and are enthusiastic about this role, please apply by sending your CV and Cover Letter only as ONE DOCUMENT to [email protected]
Closing date: 7th March 2023