We are looking for a Procurement Officer to assist the Procurement Manager in overseeing purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The Procurement Officer’s responsibilities include maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
Procurement Officer Responsibilities:
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
Procurement Officer Requirements:
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Degree/Diploma in Purchasing & Supply, Business Management or a similar field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience as a Procurement Officer or in a similar position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Attention to detail.
Suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letter, curriculum vitae and qualifications to [email protected] not later than Thursday 24th December, 2020.