VACANCY – STORES OFFICER
A company in the hospitality industry specializing in conferencing, events, restaurants and rooms, is looking to hire a Stores Officer.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill this position.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Stores Officer is responsible for Stores Management.
Key Performance Areas
1. Compliance with Stores Policies and Procedures
2. Ensure optimal stock availability in stores for user department
3. Monitor Stock Par Levels to ensure timely re-stocking
4. Day-to-day check on storage facilities and hygiene.
5. Work closely with the Procurement Officer to ensure proper timely acquisition of stock, ensuring that replacement is done in real time.
6. Receive all goods that are delivered to Stores.
7. Verify quantity and quality of items, check for defects and record findings.
8. Issue stock items to user departments
9. Maintain accurate records on stock receipts and issues.
10. Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filled properly
11. Post all invoices and stock issues in the Stock Management System and forward for payment.
12. Conduct month end physical count
13. Reconciliation of physical stock count to system balances and reporting on variances.
14. Prepare reports on inventory levels and check inventory records for accuracy
a) Grade 12 Certificate
b) Diploma in purchasing and supply
a) At least three (3) years of experience in a similar position;
b) Experience in hospitality industry will be an added advantage;
a) Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
b) Ability to work independently
c) Excellent documentation, communication and IT skills
Applications should be submitted by Tuesday, 24 January 2023 to: [email protected]
This is an equal opportunity employer and both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.