A private school in Lusaka seeks the services of a female Teacher of Physical Education and Sports. She should preferably have a second teaching subject (Geography or History). We are a co-educational International School with children from Early Years, Primary through to grade twelve, with both day and boarding students.
Preferred candidates must be reflective, passionate and highly creative with experience of successful teaching at Secondary school level and a wider understanding of current educational issues.
1. Full Grade 12 Certificate
3. Minimum of two years’ Experience,
4. TCZ Practicing License
5. Two traceable and reliable referees
6. Conversant with ISAZ Sports programs
JOB SPECIFICATION DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, AMONG OTHERS:
1. Teaching Physical Education to school learners
2. To plan schemes of work in advance
3. organizing co-curricular activities
4. Conduct continuous assessment for the learners
1. To plan, develop and deliver high quality P.E. lessons using a variety of approaches, to continually enhance teaching and learning.
2. Demonstrate a proficiency in coaching targeted sports in the ECZ Secondary curriculum and ISAZ sports.
3. Innovative and proactive in initiating inter-house competitions, interactive sports and whole school sports programmes.
4. Implement new initiatives, Academy, local or national, by adapting classroom procedures accordingly, monitoring progress and reflecting on pedagogical outcomes.
5. To co-coordinate within the PE department for out of school clubs, activities and teams in the Secondary phase.
6. Knowledge and experience in handling ISAZ sports programmes.
7. Keep up-to-date with research and developments in pedagogy in the subject area.
8. Certified to coach a variety of sports
9. Keep up-to-date with technological change and the use of technology to enhance delivery, and student access, to the subject.
To apply, send your details to : [email protected]
Receiving applications will close on 8/06/2022.