Website PRIVATE: Twangale Investments
We are (hiring) (looking for) an experienced Pastry Chef to prepare a variety of desserts, pastries and other sweet confectionaries following traditional and modern recipes. Your skill in baking high quality treats should be matched by your creativity to develop new amazing tastes and recipes.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for sweet and delicious creating. They must adhere to health and safety standards to provide our clients with the best possible serving.
- Creating new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of our clients;
- Decorating pastries using different icings / toppings to ensure presentation is beautiful, exciting and appetizing;
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients and make appropriate orders withing budget
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for baking;
- Guide and motivate team members to work more efficiently;
- Identify staffing needs and help in recruitment and training of pastry personnel;
- Maintain a clean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.
- Proven experience as pastry chef or baker
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Organizing and leadership skills
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitation (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc)
- Certificate in Cullinary Arts, pastry making, baking or relevant role.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the job, send us your detailed CV with three (3) traceable references and a Cover letter to: [email protected]
Closing date: Thursday, 17 November 2022